WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive, people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be part of ActBlue’s growing Finance Team. Our Finance Team is responsible for delivering forward-looking guidance to organizational leadership and internal stakeholders, reporting financial metrics, and assisting in the creation of departmental budgets. Responsibilities encompass a full range of forecasting, budget management, and investment analysis activities. A successful candidate will be comfortable and familiar with all the financial statements of a business, understand how to identify key risks and opportunities, as well as perform variance analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Gather, analyze, and prepare financial plans and management reporting packages.
- Provide analytical support to department leaders during the budgeting process.
- Support ad-hoc analysis for functional areas within the organization as needed.
- Leverage tools and systems to quickly access data and present meaningful, concise information to leadership.
- Optimize and enhance current reports and templates with validation checks for process improvement when possible.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least five years of experience supporting an organization or function as an analyst.
- A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- Experience developing and managing organizational budgets.
- Outstanding ability to visually present information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentations skills, and a commitment to collaborate with people at all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- An ability to outline and execute a budget and reporting process to support the organization.
- A strong interest in building processes and procedures and identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- A natural curiosity and excellent organizational abilities.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $110,000 – $166,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.