The Finance Associate is responsible for the accounting function of the Finance Department, ensuring timely completion in accordance with established deadlines and reporting to accounting leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Create Check Requests
2) Print, match and mail checks
3) Review and verify company credit card receipts
4) Process weekly deposits (in-house and bank run)
5) Assist with new vendor vetting procedure and vendor management process
6) Maintain and organize filing systems
7) Assist with annual audit/990 preparation
8) Carry out other projects, as assigned.
9) SUPPORTING OUR CULTURE OF PHILANTHROPY: All staff must assist in fundraising and development for the organization. All staff must demonstrate an understanding that our members and supporters make our work (and our salaries) possible and should provide the highest level of customer and member services to people outside the organization. While your job position does not require you to raise any particular amount, you are expected to always be an “ambassador” for FWW/FWA and our work. All staff are expected to help with and participate/attend events and other activities as appropriate that are organized for our supporters and donors. All staff are expected to be cognizant of fundraising opportunities and to share contacts and information that will help build and sustain FWW/FWA.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with the Finance Department; a moderate degree of contact with vendors; and a low degree of contact with other staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School diploma, GED, or equivalent; familiar with basic accounting principles. 1 year of experience of accounting is preferred.
Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products