The Facilities Manager works closely with the VP/Facilities Operations & Services in managing all aspects of the maintenance of the buildings and equipment. The Manager implements policies and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and equipment to ensure workspace is safe, functional and welcoming. This position reports to the VP of Facilities Operations & Services.
The Manager should be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of facilities
- Oversee occupancy and space management, including work and convening space assignments
- Responsible for employee and occupant experience
- Create and track processes and procedures related to facility management
- Assist with health, safety and security management
- Maintain energy management operations
- Evaluate and make recommendations related to capital project planning and management
- Ensure emergency management and business continuity is maintained
- Superior people skills in a customer service environment
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- At least 5 years of experience and well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
LOCATION: Washington, D.C. This is an in-office position.
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 – $100,000
This search is being led by NRG Consulting Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability, life experience and political perspective is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Freedom Forum
Our vision is an America where everyone knows, values and defends the freedoms of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. The First Amendment protects everyone’s right to express themselves freely and join with others to make their views known. This diversity of voices and perspectives strengthens our nation.
Yet most Americans can’t name the five freedoms protected by the First Amendment.
We believe that encouraging the broad understanding and vigorous use of these fundamental freedoms by all people is the best way to preserve and protect the First Amendment for future generations.