WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Graphic Designer will own and/or support the creation of print and digital assets for properties such as social media posts, email campaigns, presentations, and event collateral. This role collaborates closely with content personnel to execute cohesive campaigns against strategic creative briefs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with marketing sub-teams (brand, demand, relationship) to create branded, shareable assets.
- Create innovative digital materials that are consistent with brand standards and industry trends.
- Contribute new design ideas to drive creative innovation.
- Assist in the production of video, animations, and illustrated materials through programs like After Effects and Premiere.
- Edit photography in Photoshop and color correct in Lightroom.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2-5 years of experience in a full-time design role.
- Proficiency in streamlined project management workflows.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new design approaches.
- Ability to work in a digital-first environment.
- Excitement to learn and grow professionally.
- Foundation in illustration, design theory, and visual hierarchy.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant design programs including Illustrator, After Effects, Adobe X, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Open to constructive critique from design and non-design stakeholders.
- Self-starter mentality.
- Commitment to contributing to actively anti-racist systems, projects, and teams.
BONUS POINTS IF…
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting with a demonstrated commitment to progressive politics and issues.
- Experience in Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $58,000-$88,000 depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.