The Communications Team is responsible for supporting efforts across Precinct One to deliver on our mission: Precinct One is committed to becoming a national model for delivering responsive public service that utilizes inclusive, innovative and collaborative approaches to improve the quality of life, advance equality of opportunity, and promote the fair treatment of all people in Harris County
We are seeking a Senior Communications Coordinator to join our fast-paced Communications team. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for the advancement of progressive issues and have highly developed written and verbal communication skills and a solid grasp of the issues facing Harris County.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a strong project manager who is detailed oriented, able to multi-task and manage multiple projects with differing timelines. Candidate will be an experienced writer and editor and should have proven experience with value based messaging, storytelling, turning strategic policy into tactical talking points and compelling content.
Activities and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute external communications around public policy issues
• Writing and editing external and internal communications, including talking points, scripts, press releases, and op-eds
• Find new and exciting ways to tell our story
• Work in collaboration with our policy teams to develop messaging
• Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar and punctuation errors
• Request feedback and incorporate requested edits
• Manage the social media content calendar; draft, edit and approve social content that reflects the values and goals of Precinct One and calls to action suitable for audiences on each platform
• Monitor social media trends and emerging practices, and evaluate and recommend new platforms for adoption.
• Minimum of 3+ years previous experience writing about politics and policy from a values-based messaging frame
• Comfortable distilling complex topics into simple talking points and messages for a wide variety of audiences
• Political campaign or advocacy organization experience is a plus
• Works well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects
• Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
• A strong commitment to progressive values
To apply for this job email your details to Nisha.Randle@cp1.hctx.net