You are a social media expert with experience driving strategy at a media company, a commercial agency, an influential nonprofit or for a large brand. You have an excellent track record of creative approaches to break out social media campaigns that engage community participation and increase brand recognition. You’re aware of how each channel is different— from the tools to the audiences, with a tried and true approach to maximizing the potential of each. You thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You enjoy working collaboratively and liaising across multiple complex projects with various stakeholders. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals.
• Develop and execute creative, platform-specific social media strategy to meet growth and engagement goals
• Create and deploy clear and compelling multi-media content (text, video, imagery, graphics etc.) across all IFYC platforms including our Founder & President, Eboo Patel’s, social media platforms
• Maintain the social media calendar, incorporating programmatic, content, and public affairs goals through liaison with the Marketing & Communication team, Public Affairs & Innovation team and Program teams.
• Provide guidance for social media content and strategies for a variety of initiatives including IFYC teams, IFYC Senior Leadership, and external partners
• Participate in editorial and strategy around Interfaith America, our Interfaith America Media Fellowships, We Are Each Other’s program, and other national and regional programmatic work, including a focus on the Pacific Northwest
• Monitor news and current events in our issue areas (religious diversity, interfaith, higher education) and work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Senior Advisor for Public Affairs & Innovation to develop and vet social content based on current opportunities to maximize visibility and impact
• Build a sense of community amongst IFYC’s network by engaging with our constituents and influencers on social media platforms
• Manage and utilize a paid social media budget to capitalize on our best content and grow our audience
• Track social media metrics and make data-driven decisions for optimization
• Develop and utilize our brand voice consistently, flexing the tone specific to each audience, across social media channels
• Stay up to date with social media trends, new tools, and new platforms and consult on what we should test
• 3-5 years of experience leading/driving social media strategies in the media, the nonprofit sector, an advertising agency, the private sector or within higher education
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, media, technology or a related field
• Advanced understanding of Facebook Page/Group Manager, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Business Manager, and other social media tools
• Proven experience translating complex ideas into simple, emotional content that people share
• Extensive knowledge of content marketing and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to quickly generate compelling, error-free prose and flex tone to speak to different audiences
• Basic understanding of graphic design tools and video editing
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
• Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Authorization to work in the United States
• High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation the norm in America
• Excellent editorial judgment, with an appetite to learn about interfaith cooperation
• Be flexible, willing to pivot and respond to the changing needs and landscape of the media
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with proven experience of being adaptable and experimental
• Be collaborative and goal-oriented
Application: apply via LinkedIn or send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Applications are accepted asap until the position is filled
About Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC)
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements to shaping a national narrative about the power and potential of civic religious pluralism while focusing on the society-transforming power of higher education. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and philosophical traditions that affirm the dignity and justice for every human being. IFYC affirms and supports work for racial equity and is committed to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been.
At IFYC, we’re ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color. We deliberately recruit potential team members from communities that are underrepresented in many interfaith spaces.