You are energized by the opportunity to support interfaith leaders in action! You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You are organized, love to get things done and have a reputation of completing tasks on time and with the highest-level of accuracy. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals and supporting those of our colleagues.
This role will support three directors with some executive assistant responsibilities along with supporting a variety of IFYC programs and projects. This position will require the ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders. The specific responsibilities of this position will shift when IFYC’s work returns to be in person.
• Schedule meetings with both internal staff and external partners; prepare materials for meetings; take notes and provide meeting summaries
• Prepare reimbursement requests for Directors
• Manage travel logistics for directors including making travel arrangements and preparing materials for directors’ campus visits, conferences, and other events (when in-person meeting resumes)
• Track program interest and participations
• Manage expense tracking, process stipends, create MOUs, and reimbursement requests, and other financial logistics for IFYC program participants
• Support technical and communication needs for virtual events
• Provide participants with, and answer questions regarding, logistical program information
• Manage logistics for small program events or meetings including participant travel, catering, accommodations and event space (when in-person meeting resumes)
• Assist the Special Events Manager when a program hosts a larger-sized event (when in-person meeting resumes)
Editing Materials and Communication:
• Proofread and copyedit materials
• Create and edit surveys using IFYC’s survey software
• Create and format presentations in PowerPoint
• Prepare application materials for campus and individual grant programs
• Communicate with external partners such as campus staff and IFYC alumni on particular programs in order to solicit or share required information
• Prepare mailing and file documents
• Prepare materials for events and programs such as name tags, agendas, and folders (when in-person meeting resumes)
• Input new data and clean existing data in Salesforce
• Pull data reports from Salesforce
• Compile data and manage internal tracking systems
• Clean data spreadsheets to upload into Salesforce
• Compile, collate, and analyze grant reports from campuses and/or individuals who have received IFYC grants
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, including religious studies, education, higher education, sociology, etc. Or 3-5 years of experience in an executive assistant or administrative assistant position.
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
• Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required)
• High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
Hours: 40 hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Pay: $15-$20 per hour plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Supervisor: Director of Higher Education Partnerships or Director of Alumni Leadership and working closely with two additional Directors
Location: All US-based locations (remote) until our Chicago office opens in 2021. Then the position will be located at 141 W. Jackson Blvd. suite #3200 Chicago, IL 60604
About Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC)
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements to shaping a national narrative about the power and potential of civic religious pluralism while focusing on the society-transforming power of higher education. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and philosophical traditions that affirm the dignity and justice for every human being. IFYC affirms and supports work for racial equity and is committed to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been.
At IFYC, we’re ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color. We deliberately recruit potential team members from communities that are underrepresented in many interfaith spaces.