At IFYC, we collaborate with internal colleagues and external partners to execute projects to achieve our mission. IFYC Program Managers are generalists, able to engage religious and worldview diversity with all constituents on a college campus from faculty to administrators. You’ll be leading projects and supporting projects, each of which has distinct roles with clear responsibilities. One day you might be talking to an alumn about their Innovation Fellowship as they troubleshoot unexpected hurdles. The next week you might be collaborating with the director of a national service organization on how to use the We Are Each Other’s curriculum in their orientation materials. The next week you might be on a college campus facilitating a workshop for Student Affairs staff, putting IFYC’s frameworks in conversation with the department’s mission statement and Pew findings on religion and public life in the US.
You are passionate about religious and worldview diversity within higher education, and the civic value of engaging across deep difference. You thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You feed off the organizational learning and social science research and adjust your strategy to fit what we’ve learned. You love to work collaboratively internally and externally and liaise across multiple complex projects. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals.
Responsibilities will flex with each assigned project. However, all Program Managers are responsible for the following:
• Manages assigned IFYC projects
• Executes pieces of work on IFYC projects, including data tracking in line with project goals and impact; CRM responsibilities; and administrative tasks
• Deploys IFYC programs and theories of interfaith cooperation across alumni network, civic groups, and multiple constituencies on campus (e.g. faculty, student affairs professionals, college students)
• Builds relationships with IFYC civic partners (e.g. peers at non-profits, think tanks), alumni network, constituents on campuses
• Represents IFYC through presentations and attendance at conferences, on campus visits, and at IFYC events
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field including religious studies, higher education, sociology, etc.
• Three or more years of professional experience in a related field, including interfaith work, consulting, higher education, online education, etc.
• Proven project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness in interfacing with multiple constituencies, such as non-profit partners; young professionals; campus administrators, faculty, staff or students.
• Authorization to work in the United States
Preferred Qualifications (but not required)
• Advanced degree in Religious Studies, Civic Leadership or Higher Education
• Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders in substantive discussions about religious and worldview diversity, interfaith cooperation and pluralism
• Experience in in-person and online training, facilitation, consulting, education, assessment and/or related skill sets
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation the norm in America
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to project peer quality and credibility with campus partners
• Adaptable and able to move across projects and programs and adjust priorities as needed
• Professional communication skills including writing and presentation
• Ability to multi-task, balance multiple ongoing projects and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• Confident training and/or speaking to large groups
• Ability to set ambitious goals and independently pursue them
Location: All US-based locations (remote) until our office reopens in 2021, then this position will be based in Chicago, IL.
Travel: When our organization resumes travel likely sometime in 2021, approximately 20% of work time will be traveling to colleges/universities, and conferences across the country (average throughout year; maybe more during peak academic and conference seasons); can expect to work occasional nights and weekends
Supervision: Director of Program Resourcing
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC)
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements to shaping a national narrative about the power and potential of civic religious pluralism while focusing on the society-transforming power of higher education. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and philosophical traditions that affirm the dignity and justice for every human being. IFYC affirms and supports work for racial equity and is committed to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been.
At IFYC, we’re ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color. We deliberately recruit potential team members from communities that are underrepresented in many interfaith spaces.