Multiple leading grassroots organizations in Kansas City are looking for canvassers to join their field team and help educate and engage our communities about issues around economic, racial, and reproductive justice. Your job would be to conduct one-on-one conversations with residents in your community and the upcoming elections primarily through door-to-door canvassing and potentially through phone calls and text messaging.
No prior experience necessary, all canvassers will be given training on the basics of canvassing at the start and a script with information on the issues. Must have access to vehicle with insurance and mobile device with internet.
$20-$25 per hour, full-time and part-time opportunities available. Bonus for those who stay on through 11/8
LeadMO runs HiredUp which connects do-good people with do-good work with campaigns and organizations across Missouri. We are committed to building a Missouri where everyone has a fair shake and an opportunity to thrive. LeadMO works with people who display a commitment to:
- Racial, gender and economic equity
- Ensuring all Missouri children have access to quality and equitable public education that is adequately funded
- Access to affordable healthcare, including reproductive justice
- Support for the dignity of workers and the right to collectively bargain
- Protecting the environment and developing clean, more renewable forms of energy while protecting our natural resources and powering economic growth for future generations
- Citizens have a right to accessible and fair elections, free of unnecessary obstacles and intimidation