Moore Campaigns works with Democrats and progressive organizations across the country to strategize, develop and execute direct mail campaigns that integrate eye-catching design and cutting-edge targeting to craft impactful messaging for campaigns. Our clients include U.S. Senators and Representatives, prominent Independent Expenditure entities, statewide officials and legislative caucuses, and leading progressive advocacy organizations. We take pride in our diverse and talented staff, and believe that our company should reflect America’s diversity.
The Account Executive will be an integral member of a small team of smart, creative, and witty political nerds, and your job will be to ensure all aspects of a client’s program are executed properly. You will work with the president, clients and production manager, while overseeing artists, proofreaders, and account managers. You’ll be heavily involved in every stage of the production of direct mail, ensuring every piece is expertly written, designed, and executed. The ability to keep and meet deadlines, as well as balance constantly shifting priorities, is essential.
- Collaborate with President to determine message strategy.
- Actively participate in the concepting and writing of mail pieces and collateral, including performing web-based research, stock image search, and selecting appropriate client photos.
- Work with graphic designers to execute firm’s creative goals, including working with Account Manager on all rounds of edits and ensuring each piece is flawless before being put into production.
- Interface with clients to meet deadlines and secure sign-offs.
- Coordinate with client staff to plan successful photo shoots. May be required to staff photo shoots.
- Partner with production manager to oversee and manage daily production schedule.
- Schedule and manage independent contractors including graphic designers, proofreaders and translators.
- Edit campaign mail plans in coordination with President.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of work experience in a campaign, non-profit, communications, or related field. Direct mail experience not required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, particularly with organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects with a team of people.
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofing skills, with keen attention to detail and a creative eye for design.
- Ability to communicate professionally and directly with clients.
This is a temporary position from early April 2020 through the end of October 2020, with potential to extend through 2021 and beyond. Our company is based in Washington, D.C., about an 8 minute walk from the NoMa metro and convenient to bus lines and bike lanes.
Salary range is $75,000 to $85,000, depending on experience. Benefits include 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k eligibility after 6 months, merit bonus eligibility, commission bonus eligibility, some flexible work hours, partial cell phone reimbursement, optional pre-tax WMATA SmartBenefits, and a casual dress code.
Moore Campaigns is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please use this form to upload your resume and answer a few questions. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, with priority given to applications received by March 16.