Editorial & Distribution Intern
Reports to: Digital Strategist
Job type: Paid Internship
Time commitment: Full-time beginning September 6 thru December 2, 2022. Start/end dates are flexible for this 90 day internship.
Applications will be accepted for this position thru August 14, 2022.
More Perfect Union is a progressive media organization focused on issues that impact the working class in America. We’re looking for a serious news junkie to join our growing team as Editorial & Distribution Intern. In this role, you’ll contribute to our award-winning coverage by closely monitoring a wide array of news outlets and identifying key information, statistics, memes, etc., that we can elevate on our social platforms. You’ll need to be able to discern what information is important and what is not, and convey that information in accessible and engaging ways across a range of social platforms. You’ll help to publish content on social media, monitor the performance of our posts to gain actionable insights, and help build a distribution network for More Perfect Union’s original reporting.
- Identify important, interesting, or underreported stories/facts/memes and use them to create compelling social media content;
- Assist with all aspects of social distribution, including scheduling content, community management, and optimizing posts for engagement and searchability;
- Work with producers and social media team to identify key statistics, quotes, and other interesting material from More Perfect Union’s original reporting to highlight on graphics, text posts, and other social media content;
- Monitor live and archival cable, online, broadcast, and social media recordings to support the social media team in finding interesting clips and newsworthy content;
- Monitor analytics, audience sentiments, and social media trends;
- Work with Policy Director and Digital Strategist to build distribution networks to share and promote content;
- Update website regularly with new videos and content;
- Help maintain More Perfect Union’s voice in headlines and copywriting across social media and website;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with national politics and labor issues;
- Regular user of Twitter and other social media;
- Avid consumer of news;
- A passion for economic justice;
- Ability to identify and acquire new partners for distribution networks;
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills;
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com