More Perfect Union
Position Title: Senior Editorial Manager
Salary Range: $100,000-$110,000
Applications will be accepted for this position on a rolling basis.
More Perfect Union Action is a political advocacy and journalism organization with a mission to build power for the working class. We cover politics, policy, labor, business, and economics news through a class lens, and we pair our reporting with activism to help working people win policy fights. Launched in February 2021, More Perfect Union’s coverage has garnered over 100 million video views and hundreds of thousands of followers on social media.
We’re hiring a Senior Editorial Manager to manage the production and editing process of our digital content and provide feedback and guidance to editorial staff on their work. The Senior Editorial Manager will work with our organization’s leadership to oversee our video and written reporting.
- Edit written and video content to ensure that it’s accurate, compelling, and high quality
- Manage a team of producers and reporters to help shape and improve their work, meet deadlines, maintain a high level of content and achieve MPU’s editorial objectives
- Develop and review pitches for videos, conceptualize compelling variations of content across digital channels, and work with writers and reporters outside of your team to manage the flow of content from conception to publication
- Provide constructive feedback to production staff, share expertise with staff, and identify opportunities for professional development of our creative team
- Leverage insights from the Social Media and Distribution team to inform content creation decisions
- Write video scripts, articles, and other content as necessary
- Operate in a nimble, fast paced environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in a news, media, or advocacy organization as a journalist, editor, or producer. Experience covering labor or economic issues is preferred
- 4 years of progressive experience leading or motivating teams. Experience managing remote teams is preferred
- Experience managing a portfolio of creative projects and meeting production deadlines
- Experience leveraging social media analytics to inform content strategy
- A passion for experimenting with new and emerging social media platforms and coverage formats
- Enthusiasm for producing rigorous journalism that features strong storytelling and achieves real-world impact
- A broad interest in progressive politics and advocacy, labor organizing, electoral politics, and the policymaking process at the local, state, and federal levels
At More Perfect Union we strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, post-secondary educational status, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
More Perfect Union is offering a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package including: health, dental and vision benefits, flexible savings accounts, life insurance, short term/long term disability, monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and PTO.