More Perfect Union – Fall Internship Program
Position Title: Intern to the Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Paid Internship
Time Commitment: Full-time beginning September 6, 2022- December 2, 2022. Start/end dates are flexible for this 90 day internship.
Applications will be accepted for this position thru August 14, 2022.
More Perfect Union is a progressive media organization focused on issues that impact the working class in America. We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to join our growing team as Intern to the Executive Director. In this role, you’ll draft and edit press releases, maintain press distribution systems, conduct press research, and provide administrative support to the Executive Director.
This position is perfect for an individual with excellent written and oral communication skills, strong time management and a desire to learn in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Draft, edit and distribute press releases to media contacts;
- Triage, respond to, and as necessary escalate or delegate incoming press inquiries;
- Provide research and additional information for media partnerships;
- Maintain press distribution systems in CRM;
- Monitoring for brand mentions, both positive and negative;
- Research policy issues;
- Draft articles for the website;
- Assist social media and video teams with production;
- Participation in team strategy meetings;
- Perform administrative duties;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with national politics and labor issues;
- A passion for economic justice and workers rights;
- Strong understanding of social media, email etiquette and exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Studied or currently studying in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or related field;
- Available full-time hours and ability to excel in a remote – work from home environment;
- Ability to operate in a nimble environment;
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.