WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Movement, Issue and Charitable Organizations (MICO) team is expanding within ActBlue in order to meet the unique opportunities we have within the progressive space. This position will work with the leadership team as a department head to help build the department and meet the needs of our plans. Leadership and staff management skills are critical to build out a multi-faceted program facing issues, movements and charities in a short time frame.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Direct a large-scale program aimed at relationship-building in order to increase the usage of ActBlue and impact programs strategically in the non-profit space;
- Develop, implement, and improve upon strategies to continue to increase the effectiveness of our non-electoral program;
- Build and manage a team at various levels including ongoing professional development;
- Build skills for the team, so they can continue to be a strategic value add for programs of all sizes;
- Serve as a primary point of contact for non-profit counterparts at national organizations; serve as a lead generator and connector for staff to more established, high-level organizations;
- Determine account management paths for movements, coalitions and networks (non-singular organizational efforts), including possible owning a small portfolio of high-priority accounts;
- Work with leaders across departments to collaborate on ways for the team to grow account management programs and staff skill sets;
- Identify and drive opportunities to partner with other organizations to help achieve ActBlue’s mission and expand into nonprofits;
- Work in partnership with the Democratic Politics and Elections (DPE) Director, Training Director, and Research & Reporting Director to coordinate programs’ resource needs;
- Partner with the DPE Director to innovate and brainstorms ways to improve work as well as communicate relevant information between teams;
- Serve as a spokesperson and trainer for ActBlue at high-visibility, high-level meetings and events.
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) as required;
- Travel as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
Strong candidates for this role will have:
- At least 10 years of programmatic experience in advocacy campaigns or organizations;
- At least 8 years of experience managing a mid- to large-size team in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong knowledge of movement, issue advocacy, and charitable organizations;
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining high-level relationships;
- Experience writing, benchmarking, and implementing issue campaigns and/or program plans at an organizational level;
- Public speaking experience in small and large rooms;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience managing professional development programs for staff;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Managed or worked closely with fundraising and digital programs.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.