The Multimedia Organizer will conceptualize, strategize and produce digital content that demonstrably moves people inside and outside of the network into action in programs and on campaigns. Prepare and distribute digital content on social media and digital platforms to reach targeted audiences. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for an organization on the frontlines of the fight to advance a long-term agenda for a new economy and inclusive democracy.
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Multimedia Organizer is to leverage data, analysis and research to inform content production across platforms, and codify best practices and learnings to train others both internally and externally. Lead the integration of strategic digital communications skills and protocols into campaign and program infrastructure through training, resource creation, and special projects. Consistently shares examples of innovation and expertise to inspire new ideas.
What you will do:
- Regularly report key performance indicators across the organization.
- Manage robust digital ads program.
- Work with the digital team to evaluate the success of email, social media, website, and online ad content and strategies to maximize fundraising and participation in our programs.
- Coach colleagues and campaigns to help build effective digital fundraising and ad programs.
- Produce web and social media content quickly and reliably in keeping with the tone and values of People’s Action/Institute and our member organizations.
- Write and edit quality content for a range of digital materials.
- Exercise good judgement at all times.
- Awareness and application of Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Work closely and cooperatively with communications team, technology officer, and other People’s Action teams and member organizations.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Multimedia Organizer should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- You have proven success engaging online constituencies and raising money from them.
- You are driven to optimize online communications.
- Knowledge of various Content Management Systems.
- You can write powerfully in sharp, clear, easy to grasp language.
- Possess strong skills in photo, audio and video editing.
- You are curious about the possibilities and insights that can be gleaned from Big Data.
- You want to win the Battle of Big Ideas by advancing our stories and core narrative.
- Demonstrated experience leading a small dollar fundraising program.
- Experience and research into the best tools for analytics and regular reporting of results.
- Working knowledge of business statistics.
- Understanding of agile project management.
- Experience with CRMs and online fundraising tools and ad platforms.
- Ability to work independently to develop ideas and create content.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Compensation and Benefits:
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt, benefits eligible
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Location: Based in our Chicago, IL or Washington, D.C. office is preferred or remote locations may be considered.
Reports to: Communications and Digital Director
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, retirement plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply. Read More
About People's Action Institute
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Our member organization have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.