DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
32BJ’s Research & Policy Department plays a vital role in the Union’s organizing and contract campaigns by conducting research, and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes serving as a resource and partner to campaign leadership, and performing industry, company and individual research. We seek a Research Analyst with experience in the labor movement or community, racial justice or immigrant rights organizing to support the Union’s airports campaign. We are hiring for one position that depending on experience will be a Research Analyst I or Research Analyst II. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the point researcher for North Eastern Airports – conduct in-depth individual, corporate, financial, and industry research.
- Work closely with organizing department to identify worker issues and violations and assist with the filing of regulatory complaints related to wage and hour, health and safety, discrimination and other matters.
- Transform research analysis into strategic plans and written documents ranging from talking points to white papers.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of union staff and leadership at 32BJ and the Service
- Employees International Union, as well as allies, both on the airports campaign and on broader union program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be self-directed, proficient in research, analysis, and have a proven ability to apply research to campaign strategy. While a candidate may not possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional skills and experiences:
- At least two years of applied research professional experience, in areas such as field research, corporate research, data analysis, financial analysis, employment law, or investigative journalism.
- The ability to formulate and execute strategic plans to achieve organizational goals.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to communicate persuasively with diverse stakeholders.
- The ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and strengthening the labor movement.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- This position may be based out of either Washington, DC or New York, NY.
- Occasional travel to other cities will be required, and this may be more frequent at certain times of the year.
- The position occasionally requires hours outside of business hours, including some nights and
- This position is largely computer/office based, with in-person and Zoom meetings.
- There is a strong field research component to the position and the Analyst is expected to go to off-site meetings and campaign activities such as worker/membership meetings, hearings, bargaining meetings, rallies, and other events.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- The salary for this role will depend on candidate’s skills and experience as follows:
- Analyst I – $65,254
- Analyst II – $72,297
32BJ offers a generous benefits package that includes a fully employer-paid medical, dental and vision plan (for full-time employees and their qualified dependents) and retirement benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan and 401K. 32BJ offers paid time off including three weeks’ vacation, eleven
holidays, twelve sick days, and, after the first year of service, four personal days.
Please send a resume, letter of interest, and a brief writing sample to HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Airports Research Analyst” in the subject line of your email. Please note 32BJ has implemented a vaccine mandate. Bona fide religious and ADA exemptions are permitted with additional safety measures. 32BJ is an inclusive and diverse organization, committed to advocating for social, racial and economic justice. We strongly encourage applications from people who believe in our mission. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply. For more information on 32BJ SEIU, visit www.seiu32bj.org.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@seiu32bj.org
About 32BJ SEIU
At the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, 32BJ SEIU is changing the narrative around important social and economic issues facing working families. Founded in 1934, 32BJ is the largest union of property service workers in the nation. We have a powerful and important mission: To build and grow a diverse, effective, politically independent and democratic organization of workers to change our lives for the better, improve our communities, and build a more just society for present and future generations.
With a commitment to building power for low-wage workers, 32BJ is engaged in winning strong contracts for members, organizing workers, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, such as paid sick days, expanding access to health care, and the Fight for $15.
The union has approximately 425 staff in sixteen offices from Boston to Miami. 32BJ SEIU represents over 175,000 property service workers including janitors, security officers, airport workers, and food service employees in 11 states and Washington, D.C. 32BJ is an affiliate of SEIU, the Service Employees International Union, which has 2 million members dedicated to raising industry standards and making life better for all working families and communities.
32BJ SEIU’s headquarters are in New York City.