Job Opening: Data Manager
Status: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $68,000 – 82,000
Experience Requirements: Minimum one year in a relevant position
Location: Main office in Raleigh, North Carolina
Application Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
About the organizations:
North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to supporting equity and justice for all over fostering community among Asian American communities and allies in NC through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization, and political participation.
NCAAT in Action is committed to supporting equity and justice for all by building political power among Asian Americans and allies in North Carolina through voter education, progressive advocacy, and leadership development.
About the position:
NCAAT is seeking a full-time Data Manager to implement a secure and efficient data system for our engagement efforts across NC. The candidate should have a deep commitment to data equity, particularly as it relates to racial justice.
The position’s primary function will be to analyze voter files, Census, volunteer, member, and donor data in support of the organization’s engagement work, using various organizing and data tools (e.g. VAN, ThruText, Hustle, OutVote, Reach, EveryAction, etc.). The selected candidate will be expected to operate administrative systems and communicate regularly with co-workers, reporting to the Program Director. This position is ideal for a candidate with strong data and interpersonal communication skills, an interest in civic engagement, and a desire to learn more about Asian American communities in North Carolina.
NCAAT and NCAAT in Action offer full-time employees health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, paid time off for vacations, and sick leave. In order to help employees maintain a reasonable work schedule, we offer flextime on Friday afternoons, with the occasional opportunity to remote work with respect to the scope and needs of individual work and projects. Additionally, to support the professional development goals of our employees we offer a yearly $500 professional development stipend; $450 stipend towards an Asian language course; and ongoing training opportunities.
● Maintain structures for tracking metrics across programs with support from the Program Director
● Pull data from various relevant sources to help support staff in their work in a timely and efficient manner,
including by researching additional external sources
● Implement protocols for the retrieval and analysis of ongoing data storage, with care for proper security,
protection, and organization of information
● Troubleshoot any data-related problems and provide quality assurance for data used in engagement and
communications with members, funders, and the media
● Generate regular reports and provide internal data analysis and presentations to help guide effective messaging for engagement, development, and press, with attention to analysis of data specific to Asian populations in North Carolina
● Help prepare data visualizations for external and internal presentations
● Assist relevant staff in using data infrastructure and inputting data properly into systems
● Other responsibilities as assigned
Apply if you
● Are a detail-oriented self-starter who can take ownership and carry projects from start to finish, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
● Are comfortable using digital tools to engage and collaborate remotely with a cross-functional team
● Have strong communication skills and experience helping non-technical people understand data processes, tools,
● Have extensive experience using NGPVan/EveryAction and Excel as part of day-to-day responsibilities —
experience with other tools like ThruText, ThruTalk, Reach, digital ads, and Google Analytics a plus
● Are familiar with identifying and targeting voters, including propensity, turnout, and persuasion modeling,
especially for GOTV efforts
● Have a proven track record of working efficiently with data; ability to synthesize data cleanly, accurately, and in a
timely manner to assist the management team in evaluating performance, tracking goals, and predicting
● Have familiarity with SQL as well as with analytics tools such as CIVIS Platform
● Know why data disaggregation is important
● Nice to have — Basic skills in or familiarity with any Asian language
Apply now by answering the questions and uploading your resume via this application link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please do not send your application materials by email. If your qualifications fit the specifications of the position, we will reach out about next steps.
APPLY AT NCAAT.ORG/JOBS
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.