Job Opening: Field Manager
Status: Full time with benefits
Salary: $68,000 – $82,000
Experience Requirements: Minimum one year in a relevant position
Location: Main office in Raleigh, North Carolina. Position requires travel across NC Application Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
About the organizations:
North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to supporting equity and justice for all over fostering community among Asian American communities and allies in NC through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization, and political participation. NCAAT in Action is committed to supporting equity and justice for all by building political power among Asian Americans and allies in North Carolina through voter education, progressive advocacy, and leadership development.
About the position:
NCAAT seeks an energetic Field Manager to recruit, lead, and manage canvassers for our voter engagement work in North Carolina. This position will be responsible for ensuring the success of our field campaigns, tracking metrics and progress to goal, and evaluating performance of the field canvass team. The position will report to the Head of Voter Engagement. The Field Manager will receive training and materials from the organization. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about engaging Asian community members in North Carolina. The candidate should have a deep commitment to racial justice, equity, and relationship building.
NCAAT and NCAAT in Action offer full-time employees health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, paid time off for vacations, and sick leave. In order to help employees maintain a reasonable work schedule, we offer flextime on Friday afternoons, with the occasional opportunity to remote work with respect to the scope and needs of individual work and projects. Additionally, to support the professional development goals of our employees we offer a yearly $500 professional development stipend; $450 stipend towards an Asian language course; and ongoing training opportunities.
● Plan and execute data-driven field campaigns to meet or exceed our voter engagement goals through various direct contact tactics, including door-to-door field canvassing
● Recruit, train, schedule, and manage paid canvassing staff and volunteers for voter mobilization, ensuring that the field team is up-to-date on voter rights and local elections processes
● Manage canvassing operations, including but not limited to tracking hours, ensuring field team members meet goals and expectations, and coordinating logistics such as managing supplies
● Lead door-to-door canvassing efforts on location in the field in various parts of North Carolina including some overnight weekend campaigns
● Establish a strong professional culture for the field team, focused on accountability, SMART goals, drive, innovation, consistency, and sense of purpose
● Mobilize community members around relevant issues and policies using accessible language, leveraging NCAAT’s in-language capacities, and following messaging and branding guidelines from the organization
● Support program team in organizational-wide mobilizations
● Represent NCAAT at relevant coalitions and community meetings
● Maintain regular communication with the Head of Voter Engagement including but not limited to providing
reports on canvasser performance and progress toward campaign goals Apply if you
● Have a proven record in developing and implementing political, field, and/or canvass campaigns
● Have at least one (1) year of experience leading, supervising, and mobilizing a team of canvassers and/or
volunteers of diverse backgrounds
● Are a detail-oriented, results-driven self-starter who can take ownership and carry projects from start to finish, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
● Capable of effectively managing time for self and others on a team
● Have knowledge of or interest in state and local government structures in North Carolina
● Have experience recruiting and developing grassroots and/or community leaders
● Can work well with a team, take direction and feedback, and share skills and knowledge
● Have the ability to problem solve and adapt to unforeseen circumstances
● Can analyze and report canvass results with very strong writing and communication skills
● Demonstrate commitment to social justice issues, organizing, and grassroots communities and knowledge of
challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low- and moderate-income families
● Have great technical fluency and ability to learn new digital organizing tools
● Have access to a smartphone or other mobile device with reliable cellular reception
● Are willing to work nontraditional hours on a regular basis and can be active and mobile in the field for extended
periods of time
● Have a valid driver’s license and reliable access to a car
● Nice to have — Have connection to and/or knowledge of local Asian communities in North Carolina
● Nice to have — Verbal or written familiarity with at least one Asian language
● Nice to have — Experience with digital organizing tools such as NGP VAN
Apply now by answering the questions and uploading your resume via this application link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please do not send your application materials by email. If your qualifications fit the specifications of the position, we will reach out about next steps.
➡ APPLY AT NCAAT.ORG/JOBS ⬅
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com