The Field Organizing Associate will report to the Senior Political Manager and will be responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of a successful civic engagement field program that increases the participation and power of immigrants and refugees in advancing OneAmerica’s legislative and political priorities.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong anti-racist and power analysis to this work, using their skills as a confident, relational leader to build authentic relationships while managing multiple priorities with impeccable follow-through. This position is based in our Seattle, WA office.
OneAmerica is seeking candidates who excel in movement-building and are results-oriented. Individuals who are hungry to learn and build relationships would thrive in this role. While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications below, our ideal candidate would bring:
- A strong analysis of power and racial equity with a commitment to build power in immigrant and refugee communities by leading with relationships.
- Two-to-three years’ work/education experience in electoral, union and/or community organizing.
- Proficiency with the Voter Access Network, peer-to-peer texting programs and automatic dialing systems.
- Previous experience managing field and/or volunteer programs.
- A spirit of self-motivation, ownership, and collaborative initiative – ability to thrive independently and with a team, taking a project successfully from beginning to end with broad guidance.
- Skilled communication abilities to train on organizing principles and techniques with Emerging Bilingual/English Learner populations.
- Strong written and verbal communication, active listening, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and coalition-building skills, and an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with diverse allies and constituents.
- Proficiency in tablet and smart phone technology, and the ability to explain technology in accessible terms to individuals with limited digital literacy skills.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment while maintaining effective time management, organization methods, and adapting to changing needs and priorities to successfully meet program deliverables.
- Willingness to accommodate community-based scheduling needs such as evening and weekend meetings.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Washington State driver’s license required. Willingness to travel throughout Washington State and nationally on occasion.
- Bilingual or multilingual assets and capacity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
OneAmerica is a vibrant and growing power-building organization that is committed to driving progressive social and political change for immigrants and refugees in Washington state. Given Washington state’s current political climate and the momentum of years of important victories led by our members and partners, Washington is poised to lead the nation in bold policy and social change that will ensure immigrant communities thrive. At OneAmerica we strive to build a culture of co-governance both inside and outside our organization: centering leaders who are most impacted by systemic oppression to identify and move strategic solutions. We work to hold our elected leaders accountable to this model of governance as well.
OneAmerica’s Civic Engagement Strategy seeks to strengthen the immigrant and refugee voting population in Washington State by: registering and directly contacting voters; interviewing and endorsing pro-immigrant, progressive candidates, and; engaging our base community in advocating for legislation that will strengthen our democracy.