OneAmerica is seeking a passionate and dedicated Development Associate to play a key role in OneAmerica’s mission by building resources, membership and money power to support our mission building power in immigrant communities. They will support OneAmerica’s 20th Anniversary Campaign along with signature events like our 2021 Virtual Celebration and our annual Women of Color for Women of Color event, raising funds to support pro-immigrant, progressive women of color running for office.
OneAmerica was established in 2001 by U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal and has since grown to become a locally and nationally recognized leader in advancing immigrant, civil, and human rights. We utilize grassroots organizing, policy advocacy, and civic/electoral engagement to promote justice in immigration reform, expanded democracy, and education. Our family of organizations consists of OneAmerica (501(c)3), OneAmerica Votes (501(c)4), the OneAmerica Votes Justice Fund statewide PAC and the OAV Justice for All federal PAC.
Our work today is more important than ever, and OneAmerica is growing stronger to meet the current political challenges and opportunities. In the past four years, we have:
- Made sure no one is forgotten during this pandemic, winning over $65M in direct support for undocumented communities in Washington who are essential and valuable, but excluded from relief
- Elected the most diverse state legislature in history in WA, with women of color in the forefront
- Passed the strongest statewide sanctuary bill in the country, keeping families together and free
- Enacted the Washington Voting Rights act, protecting voting rights and electing people like us into office
- Flipped a Congressional seat from anti-immigrant to pro-immigrant, laying the groundwork to create a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants whose home is here
- During this time of growth and opportunity, OneAmerica is working to both seize on a historic opportunity to create a just immigration system, and to strengthen our response to the emboldened racism and xenophobia facing our communities. Given the current political environment and OneAmerica’s strong reputation, we are poised to govern with new, bold ideas for building immigrant power and enacting new protections.
OneAmerica is looking for a Development Associate to support the team during an important year for OneAmerica as we gear up for our 20th Anniversary campaign and Annual Celebration in September, during a time where other staff are on leave and working part time. As a member of the Development and Communications team, the Development Associate will work closely with the Development Manager, Communications Manager, and Communications and Development Director in a team of 6 that includes full and part time staff.
OneAmerica is seeking a self-motivated Development Associate to play a strong role in building resources, membership and communications reach, working closely with the Communications and Development Director and Development Manager to lead our grassroots fundraising program. The successful candidate will be goal and detail oriented, value data and strategic information, and have experience with data entry and event planning and support. The ideal candidate will bring an anti-racist analysis and/or a lived experience on our issues, an organized and detail-oriented approach, and strong donor-centric communication skills.
Event Support (70%)
- Support the 2021 Virtual Annual Celebration event with the Development and Communications Team – 50%
- Execute data entry and attendee communications via event software GiveSmart
- Manage auction items, support sponsors, table hosts and staff in registering guests
- Support the creation of Celebration gift packets and catered food delivery for ticketholders
- Support the Women of Color for Women of Color event, which raises funds to elect progressive, pro-immigrant women of color to local and statewide office in Washington State – 20%
Organization, List Management and Collateral Creation (30%)
- Assist the Development Manager and Director with other duties, as assigned – 20%
- Partner with communications team to create marketing and development collateral – 10%
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications below, our ideal candidate would bring:
- 1-2 years demonstrated direct experience supporting fundraising, including database and event planning experience, experience with virtual events a plus
- Action oriented, with a willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to execute administrative tasks with a focus on smooth and efficient operation and hitting deadlines
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a commitment to professional conduct
- Passion for social justice and building power in immigrant communities, bilingual or multilingual skills a plus
- Willingness to learn and grow skills, working with an experienced fundraiser in a mentorship approach
Hourly, $22 per hour
OneAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ identifying candidates to apply. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, ‘Development Associate’. In your cover letter, please address how your personal and professional background informs your interest in working with OneAmerica and building power in immigrant communities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
OneAmerica is a vibrant and growing power-building organization that is committed to driving progressive social and political change for immigrants and refugees in Washington state. Given Washington state’s current political climate and the momentum of years of important victories led by our members and partners, Washington is poised to lead the nation in bold policy and social change that will ensure immigrant communities thrive. At OneAmerica we strive to build a culture of co-governance both inside and outside our organization: centering leaders who are most impacted by systemic oppression to identify and move strategic solutions. We work to hold our elected leaders accountable to this model of governance as well.