Pennsylvania Stands Up is immediately seeking a detail oriented, organized, Operations Associate to assist the Operations Director with managing key day-to-day operations functions of the organization. In addition to the Operations Director, the Operations Associate will work closely with our external accounting firm, external CPA, external compliance consultant, and others as necessary.
The ideal candidate is an efficient analyst, a keen problem solver, and an effective relationship manager who understands that workability and sound “back office” processes are a core part of a successful, win-orientated movement organization. There is a staff union within PA Stands Up, however this position is not a member of the bargaining unit.
This position is a full-time salaried position that reports to the Operations Director.
FINANCE & FUNDRAISING
- Manage check ledger & deposit checks on a monthly basis
- Oversee timesheet submission and run semi-monthly payroll
- Manage monthly credit card reports, assist with accountability & submitting reports to accounting team
- Perform semi-monthly ActBlue donor information upload into EveryAction, update process as necessary in accordance with data needs
- Assist with monthly financial close, coding all transactions with external accounting consultant
- Track Accounts Payable invoices, contracts & any supplemental vendor paperwork
- Support Operations Director and external accounting consultants in annual Audit field work
- Manage all grant tracking, working with Executive Director and consultants
- Support Operations Director with creating, running, and distributing budget reports throughout the year, and during annual budgeting process
- Oversee Time & Attendance system, including time off requests, and providing monthly time off reports to each staff member
- Manage confidential personnel files up for new, current and outgoing staff, financially sensitive payroll information
- Manage canvasser onboarding (I-9 forms, payroll system enrollment, benefits enrollment if appropriate, etc) during large paid field programs
- Support all Directors and staff in tracking lobbying hours
- Assist Operations Director and external compliance consultant with PAC spending tracking for campaign finance reports
- Compare PAC hour estimates created at beginning of each election cycle to bimonthly timesheets
- Support senior leadership team with data projects as necessary
- Assist with preparations for union collective bargaining/contract renegotiation
- Assist Operations Director with event planning across the organization, booking food, transportation, & housing as needed
- Monitor the general organizational email inbox
- Build and monitor index of organizational subscriptions and renewal dates
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of experience in operations or related roles preferred but not required. Experience in positions with transferable skills also applicable.
- Ability to analyze processes and systems and make recommendations for improvement
- A solutions-oriented self-starter with great strategic and problem-solving and detail oriented skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, works well on teams, and is able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Good time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Google Suite, spreadsheets
- Desire to develop and learn new skills and software tools
- A demonstrated commitment to racial, economic, and social justice
LOCATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS The ideal candidate lives in the Lehigh Valley, Berks County, Lancaster County, Northeastern PA, or the Philadelphia area. Candidates should have a cell phone plan, home internet and access to transportation for occasional in-state travel.
HOURS This is a full-time position that requires work during normal business hours, though nights and weekends may sometimes be required.
SALARY & BENEFITS The salary for this position is $53,120 with employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; access to a 401(K); and generous paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY Please submit a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to email@example.com, with “Operations Associate” in the subject line.
PASU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply. PASU does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.
A Note to BIPOC Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, nonbinary folks, and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About PA Stands Up
PA Stands Up is an independent political organization by and for the many. We organize Black, brown, and white working people across Pennsylvania's cities, towns and rural areas. Our chapters in Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin, Berks, Lackawanna, Luzerne and Philadelphia counties build grassroots leadership, fight on our issues, and win elections. Together, we are building the durable political infrastructure necessary to win governing power and enact bold, redistributive measures for the common good.