WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Customer Service Team’s role is to serve as the front line of support for ActBlue. Team members are the chief brand ambassadors to ActBlue’s many thousands of donors, as well as campaign and organization administrators (admins). The Account Operations intern will be a member of a team that offers efficient, accurate, and friendly assistance to admin users, grassroots organizers, and donors who contact ActBlue via email and phone.
The Account Operations intern will have the opportunity to work with campaigns and organizations that use our tools and help to ensure that internal systems run efficiently. This position involves handling sensitive financial information, so discretion and good judgment areessential.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with interns from other departments at weekly meetings and build a strong cohort. You will also have an intern supervisor who you’ll meet with weekly to discuss your work and goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in the distribution of funds to the thousands of campaigns and organizations using our tools.
- Aid campaign and organization finance staff who need assistance reconciling their financial reports.
- Field general customer service questions from campaign and organization admins.
- Assist with the monitoring and development of automated systems and workflows.
- Work on long- and short-term research projects.
- Create spreadsheets and other helpful documents to organize and compile data.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission.
- Availability from September 19, 2022, to May 5, 2023.
- Willingness and ability to work 10-30 hours per week.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with Excel and/or other CRM platforms (preferred but not required).
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn and adopt new technologies and systems.
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
Join us for a unique and rewarding remote undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through August 12, 2022. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home written exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom interview with department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, or Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($20 per hour), which includes benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.