WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Outreach Reporting and Research Intern will work directly with the Reporting and Research Team to provide specific reporting and research needs. As an intern, you’ll contribute to short- and long-term projects and be responsible for research, information gathering, and organization to benefit the Democratic Politics and Elections (DPE) and Movement, Issue, and Charitable Organizations (MICO) Teams.
The Reporting and Research Intern will be exposed to best practices of data hygiene, database rollout, and management. You will also learn how to create pipelines from data sources into CRM software. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with interns from other departments at weekly meetings and build a strong cohort. You will also have an Intern supervisor who you’ll meet with weekly to discuss your work and goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in the ongoing auditing and data cleanup in Hubspot, including data mapping and training.
- Create spreadsheets and other helpful documents for Hubspot users.
- Work on data pipeline and storing projects as assigned.
- Join and contribute to Outreach Team meetings.
- Build a strong cohort with other ActBlue interns and meet regularly to network and collaborate.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission.
- Availability from September 19, 2022, to May 5, 2023.
- Willingness and ability to work 10-30 hours per week.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
Join us for a unique and rewarding remote undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through August 12, 2022. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The application process includes:
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home written exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom interview with the department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($20 per hour), which includes benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.