WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
If you’ve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our software. We’re a tech nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
Join us for a unique and rewarding undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through August 27, 2021; we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The Outreach intern will work directly with the Democratic Politics and Elections team at ActBlue. The Democratic Politics and Elections Associate is part of an expanded team within ActBlue designed to meet the new opportunities we have within the electoral and campaign space. The team aims to provide support to a set of campaigns and electoral organizations.
The Outreach intern will contribute to short- and long-term projects across various functions and will be responsible for research, information gathering, and organization systems that benefit the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of contribution form brandings for candidates and committees;
- Assist in the maintenance of the State and Local team’s county/committee guide;
- Research and gather information for state, local, and federal elections;
- Create spreadsheets and other helpful documents to organize and compile data;
- Work on other projects as assigned;
- Join and contribute to Outreach team meetings;
- Build a strong cohort with other interns from different departments across ActBlue and regularly meet to network and collaborate with each other.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program;
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission;
- Willing and able to work 10-15 hours per week;
- Excellent organization;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Great communication skills;
- Strong computer skills — able to learn and adopt new technologies and systems;
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone Interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home Written Exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom Interview with Department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. However, due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role. We are authorized to support remote work in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, or Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($17 per hour), which includes commuter benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.