WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
If you’ve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our software. We’re a tech nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
Join us for a unique and rewarding undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through August 27, 2021; we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The People & Culture intern will work directly with the People & Culture team at ActBlue. The People and Culture team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive and catalyze positive change.
The People & Culture intern will contribute to short- and long-term projects across various functions and will be responsible for research, information gathering and organization systems that will assist and benefit the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Execute a long-term project to support future intern recruitment by researching and organizing information on higher education institutions and progressive non-profit groups.
- Assist in the maintenance of ActBlue’s staff directory and staff reference documents via Confluence and Airtable.
- Support ActBlue staff recruitment efforts by organizing interview materials and references.
- Join and contribute to People and Culture team meetings.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Build a strong cohort with other interns from different departments across ActBlue and regularly meet to network and collaborate with each other.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Currently enrolled as or a rising junior or senior in an undergraduate program
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission
- Willing and able to work 10-15 hours per week
- Excellent organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Strong computer skills — able to learn and adopt new technologies and systems
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information
- Experience with Airtable and/or Confluence preferred but not required
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone Interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home Written Exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom Interview with Department (45 minutes)
Note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. However, due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role. We are authorized to support remote work in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, or Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($17 per hour), which includes commuter benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.