The Digital Organizer works with the Director of Narrative and Communications to craft and execute our digital organizing and fundraising program across platforms including email, social media, paid digital ads, SMS and web. This is a political leadership position, requiring strategic thinking, tactical execution of digital organizing and fundraising best practices and an organizing approach to working with members and other staff. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to and ability to convey our organizational mission, values, objectives, and worldview and a demonstrated track record of designing impactful digital campaigns, growing lists, and raising small-dollar funds. They will also demonstrate an ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic campaigning environment, while balancing short- and long-term organizational priorities.
This full-time, salaried position can be based anywhere in our geographic footprint (eastern PA), and may include on-the-ground support in areas with emerging chapters and no local staff. This position will be directly supervised by PA Stand Up’s Director of Narrative and Communications. Additionally, it will require close collaboration with other members of the communications team (both staff and contractors), as well as staff organizers and volunteers at both the statewide and chapter level. Because this position directly relates to the 24-news cycle and social media environment, it will require some weeknight and weekend hours. It will also require occasional travel.
About PA Stands Up
PA Stands Up is an independent political organization by and for the many, with 2,000 dues-paying members dedicated to winning a Pennsylvania that works for all of us. We are Black, brown and white working people living across Pennsylvania’s cities, towns and rural areas. Our 6 chapters in 11 counties build grassroots leadership, fight for policies that work for working people, and elect candidates who represent our values. Together, we are building a governing majority capable of enacting bold, redistributive measures for the common good.
- Work with the Director of Narrative and Communications to develop winning digital organizing campaigns. The Digital Organizer will play a key role in shaping the overarching digital engagement strategy for Pennsylvania Stands Up, in close consultation with other members of the communications, organizing and development departments. They will be responsible for designing and executing annual and seasonal full-cycle, multi-platform digital campaigns that bring new people into contact with the organization, move them up the ladder of engagement, and ensure their retention as supporters, members, and donors.
- Manage PASU’s email and digital organizing program. The Digital Organizer will manage the statewide email program, including our efforts to grow our reach, support production of our weekly newsletter, recruit volunteers, design advocacy campaigns, and cultivate small-dollar donors and new members. They should be an avid consumer of political news-media and excel at designing rapid response campaigns to win new followers, drive engagement, and raise funds.
- Manage PASU’s digital advertising and fundraising efforts. The Digital Organizer will monitor our key in-state audiences and potential audiences, and use this information to manage small-dollar fundraising efforts via email and paid digital advertising on Facebook, Google, and other platforms. They will work closely with graphic designers, videographers, and outside firms to manage, test and optimize the performance of persuasion, mobilization, and fundraising ads. Digital advertising will be a particularly important part of this role in election years, when we run robust digital advertising programs to support our political program.
- Manage PASU’s organic social media and email engagement. The Digital Organizer will also manage our organic engagement on social media (primarily Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), working to advance our narrative strategy, build our organizational presence, engage our members, and advance our organizing and advocacy efforts. They should have basic graphic design skills and be able to create simple graphics, memes, gifs or video clips using Canva and/or other software. They should be willing to experiment with creative approaches to social media including engaging pop culture. Finally, they should expect to regularly create digital toolkits and provide other support to our 6 chapters across the state.
- Implement digital organizing, data management, and small-dollar fundraising best practices and support data-driven and qualitative approaches to program evaluation and improvement. The Digital Organizer should implement best digital organizing practices such as a/b testing, list segmentation and hygiene, full-cycle engagement strategies, new supporter on-boarding, re-engagement strategies for lapsed donors. They are hungry to learn and experiment with new strategies and tactics and they excel at using both qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate success and improve performance.
- Maintain PASU’s digital leaders portal. PA Stands Up will create a members-only online resource portal where our leaders can find organizing guides and trainings to equip them to build power in their local communities. The Digital Organizer will work with the distributed organizing team to manage the portal and resources archived within it.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, justice and liberation for all people
- A team player who shines as an individual leader while taking a collaborative approach to working with others to achieve shared objectives
- A sharp strategic thinking who follows the news media, identifies points of intervention, excels at implementing diverse and creative tactics, and enjoys learning
- A principled political leader, who seeks to develop points of alignment, while also being comfortable navigating tension and disagreement
- 1-3 years of experience doing digital organizing and fundraising work related to organizing, advocacy, or politics
- A strong writer with the ability to identify and connect with diverse audiences, make rigorous and persuasive arguments, translate complex ideas into understandable language, tell emotionally compelling stories, and move people to action
- Experience designing and managing digital advertising and fundraising campaigns on Facebook, Google, Twitter and/or other platform
- A proven track record of digital organizing and campaign management, including design and execution of multi-stage digital campaigns, CRM and email management (particularly EveryAction), social media management, basic design skills (Canva) and website management, and creative use of multimedia
- Experience working with partners, producing digital action toolkits, and providing coaching, training or support to others is a plus.
$45-50,000/year depending on experience, with a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
The work will be evaluated based upon this job description, the specific goals and objectives established, and the person’s contributions in meeting the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) by May 20th, 2022 that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Digital Organizer” in the subject line.
Pennsylvania Stands Up is an equal opportunity employer. Pennsylvania Stands Up does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.
Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs