The Organizer will lead our housing justice efforts by running strategic campaigns, building a powerful and large base of members and leaders, identifying legislative initiatives that supports affordable housing and tenant protections, representing PUSH on local and statewide coalition efforts, and ensuring the voices and experiences of frontline communities are centered.
- Recruit new members and leaders into the organization.
- Leadership development of PUSH members who make up the Housing Justice Campaign Team.
- Track the leadership development process for individual members through leadership development plans, Salesforce tracking of all meetings with leaders (including one to one meetings, maintenance meetings, propositions, agitations, etc.)
- Create and/or collaborate on relevant political education and skills trainings for members to promote PUSH members joining campaign teams and take meaningful action with the organization.
- Build relationships with members with the intention of moving them into action towards building power for a Just Transition.
- Political education and skills trainings will incorporate the Just Transition framework, as well as expand members’ worldviews and sharpen their political analysis.
- Responsibility for and accountable to the Housing Justice Campaign Team.
Campaign Work & Planning
- Work with a team of PUSH member leaders to shape and carry out PUSH’s local, state and national organizing campaigns for Housing Justice.
- Develop written and regularly updated campaign plans for each campaign they are responsible for.
- Door-to-door canvassing and outreach to targeted frontline communities to engage new people, share information about PUSH and build PUSH’s base of active leaders.
For more information on the position and how to apply-please check out our website.
To apply for this job email your details to Micaela@pushbuffalo.org
About People United for Sustainable Housing (PUSH) Buffalo
About PUSH Buffalo PUSH Buffalo is a community-based non-profit located on Buffalo’s West Side. The organization was founded in 2005 as a membership organization that would combine community development and community organizing activities to address displacement and improve Buffalo’s West Side. Our mission today is to mobilize residents to create strong neighborhoods with quality affordable housing; to expand local hiring opportunities; and to advance social, economic and environmental justice in Buffalo. At PUSH we know that our current systems are not designed for the sustainable, regenerative future we need in our neighborhoods, cities, regions, states, and country. By design, they put people over corporate profit, and fail to address the disproportionate marginalization of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), and poor and working-class communities. At PUSH, we build community power for a Just Transition by organizing people and money to secure housing, climate, and environmental justice campaign victories that lead to transformative, structural change. At the same time, our New Economy Department works to develop and implement community-based solutions on the ground in our neighborhood