The Deep Canvass Program manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day paid deep canvass national team and supervising team leads. The Field Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and will interface with the broader movement politics team. The ideal candidate understands electoral campaigns, has field operations leadership experience, has a solid grasp of the roles and methods of distributed and relational organizing, and has a creative approach to grassroots civic engagement.
What You Will Do:
- Help to hire deep canvass national paid team leads and deep canvass staff;
- Onboard and train a large team of canvassers on “deep canvass” methodology and script and ThruTalk dialer;
- Supervise a team of lead canvassers who will assist with coaching supervising larger deep canvass national paid team;
- Manage daily deep canvass paid phone bank operation;
- Work with the Data Team to monitor impact and progress towards programmatic goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two or more cycles of electoral field management and/or canvass operations management.
- Computer skills: advanced user level/intermediate administrative level of experience within NGP Voter Activation Network (VAN), word processing, spreadsheet, and multimedia presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to execute campaign goals and objectives, to work effectively with local allies and leaders, and carry out required objectives.
- Successful experience leading and managing diverse teams and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations and will have the intellectual drive, a progressive outlook to effectively conduct campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
- Background and commitment to social justice work and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to People’s Action Power mission and values.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
Status: Full Time Temporary through 11/20/20
About People's Action Power
People’s Action Power is a Political Action Committee (PAC) formed by People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC, and Chicago, IL, and remote staff across the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Our member organization has won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on People's Action, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/