People’s Action Power, a Political Action Committee (PAC) serving the progressive community, is hiring an Associate remote. This position will report to the HR & Compliance Director and will be responsible for general bookkeeping and maintaining the compliance database for our clients. This is a remote position and is paid $35 per hour for 25 hours a week through November 20, 2020.
What You’ll Do
- Process campaign contributions into compliance database and screening for compliance issues
- Reconcile bank accounts, reconcile book balance to reporting balance
- Generate simplified income and expense reports as needed
- Track and process expenses for the campaign
- Interact with vendors and maintain vendor files including insurance files
- Correspond with vendors and donors on the client’s behalf
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience with political organizations;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 2 years campaign experience, experience with state or federal campaign finance law compliance preferred;
- Experience in Excel;
- Knowledge of compliance database software, NGP preferred;
- Experienced in use of internet, social media and online search engines;
- Excellent communications skills required, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing demands;
- Ability to be dynamic and adapt to meet the organization’s changing needs;
- Enjoy working closely with others of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About People's Action Power
People’s Action Power is a Political Action Committee (PAC) formed by People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Our member organization have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on People's Action, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/