WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
If you’ve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our software. We’re a tech-nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Customer Service Department’s role is to serve as the front line of support for ActBlue. Team members are the chief brand ambassadors to ActBlue’s millions of donors, as well as campaign and organization users. The Political Operations Team, within the Customer Service Department, works with the many campaigns and organizations that use our tools and helps to ensure that internal systems are running efficiently.
This role on our Political Operations Team is a great fit for candidates seeking to start their career with a rapidly growing, progressive organization. This position is responsible for account configuration for the many campaigns and organizations that fundraise through ActBlue, as well as ensuring conveyance of funds is carried out efficiently. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented with an analytical eye, and an excellent communicator. This position involves handling sensitive financial information, so discretion and good judgment are a necessity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Monitor and assist in the distribution of conduit account funds to the thousands of campaigns and organizations using our tools.
- Process incoming account setup submissions while exercising judgment in scheduling and prioritizing work.
- Guide campaign and organization admins through the account setup and deactivation process and keep records organized.
- Aid campaign and organization finance staff with the reconciliation of financial reports.
- Field general customer service questions from campaign and organization admins.
- Assist in the monitoring and development of automated systems and workflows.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- A collaborative spirit who also thrives working independently
- Effective, and friendly communication skills: You’ll be in contact with many people every day, both internally and externally — candidates for this position should enjoy regular communication in many formats (email, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Comfort working with technology and learning new systems, with an eye toward creative problem-solving
- Familiarity working with both repetitive tasks and fast-paced workflows
- Ability to effectively prioritize and structure your work day in a changing environment
- Thoughtful judgement and the ability to work calmly under time constraints
- Openness to take on new challenges and ask questions
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in all dimensions of your work.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in office (OR remote), salaried position based in Somerville, MA, though we are open to discussion about remote work outside of MA for the right candidate. We are authorized to support remote work in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, and Wisconsin.
In the short term: Due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote until January 2022. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and begin employment remotely from your home office if you are hired for this role. If working out of our ActBlue offices in Somerville long-term will entail relocation for you, we will work with you directly to make sure you’re able to relocate in a reasonable time frame once ActBlue resumes standard in-office work patterns.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 depending on experience
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits or home office stipend; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.