The Digital Content Manager will use their creative talents to execute a proven content marketing strategy to connect and build community with nature lovers in the Potomac River region. We envision this position spending 25-30% of their time dedicated to social media creatives and support for our social followers.
Full responsibilities include:
- Social media leadership 30%: Help shape our social media strategy and execute social media creatives for our channels: Instagram, Facebook, Threads, LinkedIn, and TikTok. Produce brand-consistent videos, Reels, stories, posts, and other interactive content. Stay up to date on current social media trends and changes to the platforms. Use graphic design platforms, like Canva, Adobe, or CapCut to produce social media graphics and videos. Identify and collaborate with regional influencers in coordination with the Brand and Marketing Director.
- Digital communications 50%: Produce brand-consistent and high-quality digital communications including blogs, a monthly e-newsletter, and supporter cultivation emails. Collaborate with the Communications Team on our message strategy and content marketing tactics. Capture community stories, photographs, and amateur videos around the Potomac River region. Maintain Potomac Conservancy’s website. Provide light support for other communications projects as needed including call-to-actions and publications.
- Data & Analytics 10%: Track and analyze key performance metrics across platforms and utilize our Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system. Work with the Communications Team to apply what we learn and optimize our content and engagement tactics.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice 5%: Contribute to integrated DEIJ approaches in the communications strategy and organizational learning and work. This includes prioritizing DEIJ in your work and participating in monthly learning sessions.
- Light Administrative 5%: Maintain photo and video database, assist with earned media materials, monito
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Potomac Conservancy
Founded in 1993, Potomac Conservancy is the region’s leading clean water advocate, fighting to ensure the Potomac River boasts clean drinking water, healthy lands, and vibrant communities. We combine the grassroots power of over 30,000 supporters with conservation and policy initiatives to restore the Potomac River to full health.
We seek to improve the Potomac’s water quality by building an impassioned base of river advocates to impart change at the local level. Our movement is a powerful force of nature that’s making the Potomac region a place where clean water, outdoor experiences, and thriving ecosystems are accessible to and safe for everyone.
We drive the region’s clean water movement by providing the tools that empower local landowners, activists, volunteers, partners, and all river champions to lead the charge for clean water!