Ohio Fellows Program Coordinator
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for the Fellows Program Coordinator role(s) for the 2022 election cycle who are passionate about coaching and training staff placed on the campaigns of PTP endorsed candidates in federal and state legislative races. This position will be based remotely, or in Chicago, IL. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews for this position will be scheduled virtually. This position will require travel as needed.
TO APPLY, please use this link & select Democracy Partners in the Source drop-down link:
Salary: $52,000-$72,800/year plus benefits
Start Date: 6/6/2022 End Date: 11/30/2022
Reporting to the Regional Fellows Program Manager, the Fellows Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and management of Progressive Turnout Project’s Fellows program, including placing Fellows with campaigns, providing weekly training, making sure Fellows are completing reports, and holding cohort and 1:1 meetings. This will also include onboarding, training and coaching Fellows, and troubleshooting miscellaneous issues as they arise. The scope of this position includes the project management of the Fellows Program, and oversight for fellows who are working directly with the endorsed candidates’ campaigns. The duties of this position are subject to modification in response to program or organizational needs.
The Fellows Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing and executing the planned Fellows Program. Their focus will solely be on the implementation side of this project, such as onboarding, project managing, training, and coaching Fellows. This position does not include the strategic design of the Fellows program, which has been already completed.
The twelve Fellows Program Coordinator roles we are hiring for are as follows, and priority states are bolded. Selection of a priority target state greatly increases your chances of considered/hired for the role, reflecting the greater need. You can select up to three target choices in the online application process:
– (1) Federal Fellows Program Coordinator
– (11) State Legislative Fellows Program Coordinators
Iowa + Wisconsin
Maine + New Hampshire
Nevada + New Mexico
North Carolina + South Carolina
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
· Learn and apply our organizational values to foster a strong culture based on trust and mutual respect
· Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to help identify Fellows for our program
· Conduct onboarding, training, and continued coaching of all Fellows on a specific timeline, ensuring timely completion of tasks in line with program objectives
· Track all program participation metrics as determined by Fellows Program Director and/or Regional Program Managers
· Coordinate training, comprehension checks, coaching, cohort meetings, one-on-ones, and accountability for all Fellows
· Proactively identify, actively manage, and aggressively track all risks and issues that arise from the Fellows program, utilizing multiple sources of data and stakeholders to resolve complex problems
· Communicate daily with individual Fellows for the purpose of receiving status updates and providing guidance where needed, and communicate effectively with executive leadership
· Understand, implement, and utilize systems for disseminating important information to assigned Fellows
· In consultation with PTP HR, respond to any employment related complaints raised by either the campaign or the Fellow.
· The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
· You have at least 1 cycle of campaign experience (1-2 years) or equivalent organizing experience that has contributed to advanced knowledge within campaign work
· You’re committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace, and contributing to the development of best practices
· You have a proven record of organizing and executing successful programs, demonstrating an ability to resolve challenges in a professional and timely manner
· You often take a leading role in highly-pressurized situations when there is a need to implement programs on a fast-paced timeline, working through the issues with grit and a solutions-oriented approach
· You consistently deliver solutions in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others and staying true to program goals
· You have exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills that you have used to communicate to a diverse set of audiences
· You are able to travel to campaign offices, PTP HQ or other locations occasionally
· You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
· You have previous political experience in the state(s) where you will be managing Fellows OR for the Federal Fellows Program Coordinator position only: You have previous experience working on federal Congressional level campaigns (1-2 years)
· You are fluent in Spanish
· You are proficient in Microsoft Office and VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
TO APPLY, please use this link & select “Democracy Partners” in the Source drop-down link:
To see all current job openings, go to https://democracypartners.com/jobs
Progressive Turnout Project is dedicated to mobilizing the Democratic Party and defending democracy. Since 2015, Progressive Turnout Project has helped 137 Democrats win races and increased voter turnout in elections by up to 10.4%. Our voter turnout initiatives are solely focused on motivating Democrats to exercise their right to vote. All our work at Progressive Turnout Project is to build power for the long term. Through data-driven research, we design, test, and deploy specialized voter turnout programs. We’re here to share resources, implement strategy and offer our expertise for the advancement of Democrats (and democracy itself), cycle after cycle.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.