Are you an experienced Community Organizer? Are you looking for a new challenge at an organization with a proven track record of winning meaningful campaigns for poor and working-class people?
You may be the next Director of Organizing for PUSH Buffalo!
This is a Dream Job for someone who wants to make a significant impact at the intersection of housing and climate justice, and who wants to work with an intersectional, member-driven, POC-led organization.
PUSH Buffalo is one of the premier community-based green-development organizations in the country. Working with a dynamic leadership team, the Organizing Director has the opportunity of a lifetime to grow the organization’s power to a new level by:
· building effective campaigns and a robust team of community organizers in a vibrant and diverse community on Buffalo’s West Side and in its acclaimed Green Development Zone;
· nurturing c3 and c4 coalitions to transform the power structure of the city of Buffalo for generations to come;
· contributing to a growing statewide organizing ecology responsible for some of the most advanced Climate Justice legislation in the country;
· cementing national alliances aligned with a Just Transition framework;
· by raising the profile of PUSH in climate justice work internationally.
Please apply ONLY if you meet these requirements:
· Experience leading multiple components of a community organizing issue campaign from beginning to end;
· Good written and oral communication skills;
· Experience supervising community organizing staff and grassroots leaders in projects and campaigns;
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in labor, community, political or faith-based organizing;
· Experience working with communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, marginalized LGBTQ folx, and/or people whose first or only language is other than English.