WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The People & Culture team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive and catalyze positive change.
The Recruitment Director will play a key role in attracting the talent ActBlue needs to achieve its ambitious goals. The Recruitment Director is responsible for setting and steering ActBlue’s overall recruitment and hiring strategy; effectively building and managing relationships with key internal stakeholders while leading and inspiring a team of recruiters and coordinators. A passionate and motivated thought leader, this person will spearhead the effort to identify critical skills and workforce capabilities for ActBlue as it embarks on a long-term strategic planning process in 2022. This leader will embrace innovation in talent acquisition, bringing new thinking to where and how ActBlue sources for the best and most diverse talent and a flexible perspective on partnering with and influencing a sector-diverse range of internal stakeholders at ActBlue. This Director is an integral member of ActBlue’s People & Culture team and will report to the Director of People & Culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and develop a team of general and technical recruiters, coordinators, & candidate sourcers to execute ActBlue’s ambitious hiring strategy, including time-to-hire and diversity goals (3-5 direct reports)
- Oversee existing talent acquisition strategic initiatives including but not limited to:
- Employer branding strategy to position ActBlue as an amazing place to work, in partnership with our Communications & Marketing team
- Inclusive, multi-pronged recruitment strategy to build diverse cross-sector talent pipelines
- Inclusive hiring strategy to ensure consistent, equitable experiences for candidates (internal and external), hiring managers, and teams
- Conceptualize and launch recruitment and hiring dashboards that enable data-driven decisions and recommendations
- Standard Quarterly reporting to drive ongoing recruitment and hiring process improvements and budgeting decisions
- Annual reporting on overall recruitment as well as hiring strategy and stats, including standard funnel and diversity metrics
- In partnership with the Director of People & Culture and other senior leaders, establish and steward ActBlue’s long-term talent acquisition strategy including
- ActBlue’s headcount planning strategy & process, in collaboration with the CFO and HR Director
- Long-term workforce development strategy, in collaboration with talent development partner and department heads
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- You are committed to ActBlue’s mission
- You bring 6-10 years of work experience overseeing full-cycle recruitment for positions that range in seniority with organizations that seek diverse team composition. Required: prior work experience in the tech or tech-adjacent sector.
- You bring at least 3 years of experience in people management
- You have prior experience leading workforce development/hiring profile shifts in recruitment and hiring strategy
- You understand how to generate excitement around working at ActBlue and naturally build relationships with prospects, candidates, hiring managers and interviewing teams
- You have a data-driven, solutions-oriented mindset
- The ability to handle people recruitment and staffing data reliably and professionally; Discretion is key
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $144,000 to $216,000, depending on experience.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
This is a supervisory position and therefore is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.