We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of passionate individuals to craft impactful code that engages and mobilizes diverse communities. Your role involves not only writing exemplary, clean code but also overcoming challenges and contributing to the evolution of Rally, a pivotal platform in our mission. Your responsibilities span a spectrum of technical tasks, emphasizing the delivery of high-quality software solutions through iterative product development. If you are driven by a deep sense of purpose, possess exceptional coding skills, and thrive in an innovative and collaborative environment, we invite you to join us in shaping the success of Rally and making a lasting impact.
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Compensation: $130,000 – $150,000 / yr.
- Take ownership of specific features in the product roadmap, leading end-to-end implementation with a focus on functionality, performance, and scalability.
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to incorporate user feedback into the development process.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive team culture, fostering clear communication and collaboration in a remote work environment.
- Work with customer support teams to diagnose and resolve customer-reported problems effectively.
- Write code that exemplifies clarity, readability, and maintainability while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Identify and implement solutions to enhance the scalability and reliability of the software architecture.
- 5+ years of experience on a software development team building a product-focused web application
- Experience building backend and frontend functionality using modern web technologies; Rally is built using TypeScript, React, and Postgres and runs on the Google Cloud Platform so experience in these technologies is preferred
- Demonstrated capability to take ownership of features and systems throughout the entire development lifecycle, including design, implementation, and release
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders in a remote environment
- Commitment to writing high-quality code with a focus on testing, documentation, and maintainability
- An understanding of data engineering pipelines and asynchronous processing is not required, but is nice to have
- Experience working with other tools in the progressive political space is not required, but is nice to have
Relentless is an organizing company focused on unlocking political power through relational organizing. Relational organizing is the simple, proven concept that people talking to their friends and family is more effective than strangers talking to strangers. Our flagship product, Rally, is a social graph, power-mapping tool, and program management platform that makes running scaled relational programs simple. Our in-house program team brings their deep experience to supercharge the programs that run on Rally and mobilize communities at scale to have meaningful conversations, get out the vote, and so much more.