WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices
heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Research and Communications Senior Associate is part of the Research and Communications team within the Communications and Marketing department at ActBlue. As part of those teams, the Senior Associate will help ActBlue in its mission by managing long-term research projects, drafting communications documents, assisting with vetting when needed, and fulfilling other research requests. The Senior Associate will primarily be responsible for conducting research that will be used for a variety of purposes, including external communications and combating misinformation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage from beginning to end the creation of long-term, ongoing research projects focused on specific topics relevant to the department’s work;
- Develop issue-area expertise on topics identified as pertinent to the organization, most often related to campaign finance regulations and small-dollar donors;
- Work with the Communications Director and the Assistant Research Director to identify new research and external communications opportunities;
- Serve as main point of contact for internal needs related to research projects;
- Create drafts of external communications documents;
- Occasionally provide capacity assistance to the vetting operation by conducting research on prospective ActBlue users including public records research, campaign finance analysis, social media review, and news searches;
- Work with the rest of the Research team on opposition research, misinformation pushback, and self-research for the organization;
- Assist with any other assignments and projects as needed
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 3-5 years working in a professional environment;
- Experience writing issue-based research, preferably related to campaign finance;
- Experience working in a campaign or opposition research setting;
- Experience vetting candidates or organizations preferred;
- Experience using research tools such as LexisNexis, campaign finance databases, advanced social media search tools, advanced Google searches, PACER, or Illumis preferred;
- Strong copy editing and writing skills;
- Experience working in a fast paced, problem solving role;
- Ability to write, edit, and fact-check with precision and calm during high-volume periods;
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by watching your work contribute to ActBlue’s goals and mission;
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communications skill set;
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through on commitments;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $110,000
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully-paid health reimbursement arrangement to use for out of pocket expenses and fully-paid short- and long-term disability
- Fully paid basic and AD&D life insurance and a voluntary supplemental life insurance option
- Dependent and health care flexible spending account options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included)
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Bargaining Unit position: The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all. We celebrate their unique qualities. And we recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com to get started.