WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Research Associate is part of the Research team within the Communications and Marketing Department. The Research Associate will help ActBlue in its mission by researching prospective users, contributing to media monitoring and external communication projects, and fulfilling other research requests as needed. The Associate will primarily be responsible for handling incoming vetting requests from departments across ActBlue.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Using latest research techniques and tools, help organization determine if organizations fall within user policies by being part of a vetting operation;
- Conduct research on prospective ActBlue users including public records research, campaign finance analysis, social media review, and news searches;
- Use a variety of research tools, such as LexisNexis, Illumis, and campaign finance databases, to fulfill vetting requests as well as being on the forefront of new tools that could help with research and vetting;
- Assist the Communications team in fact-checking by providing research in rapid response moments;
- Assist with ongoing media monitoring projects and external communication needs;
- Prepare pre-emptive research around small-dollar donors and issues affecting our various users or ActBlue;
- Be a project manager and participant for opposition research, misinformation, and self-research for the organization as assigned;
- Assist with any other research assignments and projects as needed
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1-3 years working in a professional environment;
- Experience working in a campaign or opposition research setting;
- Experience vetting candidates or organizations preferred;
- Experience using research tools such as LexisNexis, campaign finance databases, advanced social media search tools, advanced Google searches, PACER, or Illumis preferred;
- Experience working in a press or communications setting preferred;
- Strong copy editing and writing skills;
- Experience working in a fast paced, problem solving role;
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by watching your work contribute to ActBlue’s goals and mission;
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communications skill set;
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through on commitments;
- Ability to handle confidential information
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. Travel may be required on a limited basis to attend all-staff and departmental retreats (1-2 times per year). Additional travel may be required for select positions. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Salary Range Details:
Salary Range: $65,000-$76,500
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully-paid health reimbursement arrangement to use for out of pocket expenses and fully-paid short- and long-term disability
- Fully paid basic and AD&D life insurance and a voluntary supplemental life insurance option
- Dependent and health care flexible spending account options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included)
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Bargaining Unit position: The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all. We celebrate their unique qualities. And we recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com to get started.