About Run for Something
Run for Something recruits and supports young progressives running for down-ballot offices in the United States. Since launching in 2017, we’ve recruited 116,000+ young people who want to run, and we’ve endorsed over 2,200 candidates across all 50 states + DC. We’ve elected 640 candidates across 48 states – 56% are women, 58% are BIPOC, and 21% are LGBTQIA+. and all are under the age of 40. Our alumni have meaningfully and intentionally made life better for millions of Americans across the country. We are a high-reaching, hungry team changing the face of politics in America. Learn more about our work in this clip.
The Run for Something network includes Run for Something (a 527 non-federal PAC), Run for Something Action Fund (a 501c4), and Run for Something Civics (a newly launched, non-partisan 501c3).
We have ambitious plans for 2022 and beyond. Read about them in our Strategic Plan here.We highly encourage all job applicants to visit our Careers page to learn about our work environment, values, compensation and benefits policies, interview process, and more. The deadline for applications is August 14.
Position Name: Digital Engagement Associate
Reporting Structure: This role will report to the Senior Digital Communications Manager
Location: Remote (U.S.)
Job Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Essential Duties: The primary responsibilities include creating content for Run for Something’s social media channels and websites; digitally supporting opportunities to encourage young progressives to run for local office; gathering metrics on the impact and effectiveness of digital strategies; and supporting the Communications team with various tasks and duties as needed.
Position Summary: Run for Something is currently hiring for a Digital Engagement Associate to join the Communications team. In this role, you will report to the Senior Digital Communications Manager. This position is responsible for creating progressive, diverse, and youth-oriented content for Run for Something’s social media channels and websites, including written, graphic, and video content; supporting, with a digital focus, Run for Something messaging campaigns, resources, events, and other opportunities to encourage young progressives to run for local office; gathering metrics on the impact and effectiveness of digital strategies to inform the Communications team’s future strategies and goals; and supporting the Communications team with various tasks and duties as needed.
The Digital Engagement Associate will help RFS accomplish our strategic imperatives via:
- Social Media Management and Moderation (60% of time)
- Creating written, video, and graphic content for all of Run for Something’s social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other channels in the future
- Checking and managing comments and messages on social media channels
- Ensuring all posted content is aligned with Run for Something Communications messaging goals, strategies, brand, and voice
- Website Content Updates and Support (20% of time)
- Update Run for Something websites in keeping with Communications strategies and team needs
- Managing website mailboxes and directing inquiries received via digital channels to the appropriate staff members
- Ensuring all content is aligned with Run for Something Communications messaging goals and strategies, brand, and voice
- Departmental and Administrative Tasks (20% of time)
- Supporting digital projects across the organization; collaborating with departments, consulting teams, and external partners, including documenting and organizing logistics and processes for digital projects and events, including the creation of a content calendar and UTM consistency
- Reporting metrics and outcomes; recommending new actions and opportunities based on needs and goals
- Supporting Communications departmental tasks as needed
- Encouraging young progressives to run for state and local office by posting engaging materials that educate about the roles and impact of elected offices, the process of running, and why we need more young progressives in these positions
- Support RFS recruitment efforts and goals via digital channels in keeping with RFS’s strategic plan, including recruiting young, diverse progressives to run for office
- Post 3-4 times a week on all 8 RFS social media accounts, including RFS Civics, RFS PAC, and RFS Ascend channels, with the possibility of more added over time
- Create and share content highlighting a diverse range of voices and experiences in keeping with RFS recruitment goals
- Create and share content in response to breaking news and in support of RFS events
- Support content updates on 3 RFS websites, including RunForSomething.Net, RunforSomethingCivics.Net, RunForSomethingAction.Net, and RFS’s Medium account, with the possibility of more websites added over time
- Create and maintain a standardized social media content calendar for the Communications department, incorporating key holidays
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports on social media and website metrics and growth, and make recommendations based on reports
- Experience managing social media accounts and posting content for mission-driven organizations
- Experience creating and posting content for websites and navigating content management systems such as WordPress and Medium
- Knowledge of best practices for different platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience creating content calendars, scheduling posts, and pulling metrics
- Ability to pivot and adjust timelines and content based on needs and goals, including in response to breaking news
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
- Ability to demonstrate Run for Something’s organizational values: Bold & Fearless; Open & Honest; Supportive & Respectful; Progressive & Diverse; Long-term & Strategic.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time in a remote environment
- Strong commitment to the Run for Something mission
- Experience creating content that addresses complex and sensitive topics
- Experience creating mission-driven, branded content
- Enjoyment of and engagement with digital culture and trends
- Interest in skill-building and professional development
Run for Something is committed to building teams that reflect the diversity of our candidates, and to building equitable and inclusive environments that fully leverage the skills, potential, and unique perspectives of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from members of marginalized communities who have been disproportionately affected by lack of representation in elected office, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, women, and the LGBTQIA+ and disabled communities. Learn more about our commitment here.
In order to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, all Run for Something employees are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination. Run for Something will discuss reasonable accommodations with employees who may be unable to receive a vaccine due to disability, the advice of a medical provider, or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Run for Something is (and always has been and will be) a remote office environment; you will collaborate with colleagues who are based across the United States. You should be prepared to either work from home or a location of your choosing.
When it is safe to do so, this position will require attendance at approximately 2 all-staff events per year, which may include overnight travel. This position may also include limited travel for conferences and events.
This position requires the ability to work core hours, Monday through Thursday. This position will require some nights and weekends work.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Run for Something at our Careers page.
Essential Physical Requirements
- As this is a remote position, the person in this position must be able to communicate with colleagues and partners via phone, including conference and video calls, as well as written communication such as Slack and email.
- The position requires the ability to work on a computer for all or part of the work day.
- The position requires the ability to attend events which may encompass all or part of the work day.
- This position will include travel, as described above.
- This position requires vision/hearing abilities.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary for this position is set at $72,600. In order to counter pay inequality and uphold internal parity, salaries are non-negotiable for new and current employees. Run for Something salary bands for a given staff level are benchmarked to the 75th percentile for our sector, and all new employees are paid at the entry point of those bands. Employees then have the opportunity to progress through current salary bands through annual cost of living increases and performance-based pay increases, and into new salary bands through promotions.
Benefits at Run for Something include:
- Four Day Work Week (learn more here)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- Platinum Medical Insurance (100% of premium covered for employees; 50% of premium covered for dependents)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (99.9% of premium covered for both employees and dependents)
- Professional Development Stipend
- Treat Yourself Stipend ($500 a year to do something that brings you joy)
- Equipment Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Cell Phone/Internet Stipend
- 12 weeks paid family leave
- Paid Sabbatical (after 3 years of service to RFS)
- ~ Four weeks in organization-wide holiday closures, including a two-week winter break
- Flexible, remote work environment
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, with priority review given to earlier applications. The deadline for applications is August 14.
No phone calls, emails, or social media inquiries, please. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. We know that applying to jobs is difficult, and we do our best to alert every applicant as to their status in the process. However, be aware that you may not receive a response from us until after the application deadline has passed.
This search is being led by NRG Consulting Group.