This position will be directly supervised by PA Stand Up’s Director of Communications and Narrative. Additionally, it will require close collaboration with other members of the communications team (both staff and contractors), as well as staff organizers and volunteers at both the statewide and chapter level. Because this position directly relates to the 24-news cycle and social media environment, it will require weeknight and weekend hours.
Because this position is temporary (Oct 1 – Dec 31) in an unusual election year, we will consider candidates based anywhere in the continental US.
Note: Our preference is to hire a full-time digital organizer for this role, but we are open to hiring the right contractor or firm to deliver on the scope of work outlined below. If you are a firm, please send in a 1-page proposal in lieu of a resume and cover letter.
About PA Stands Up
PA Stands Up is an independent political organization by and for the many, with 1,500 dues-paying members dedicated to winning a Pennsylvania that works for all of us. We are Black, brown and white working people living across Pennsylvania’s cities, towns and rural areas. Our 9 chapters in 11 counties build grassroots leadership, fight for policies that work for working people, and elect candidates who represent our values. Together, we are building a governing majority capable of enacting bold, redistributive measures for the common good.
- Manage PASU’s digital advertising. The Senior Digital Organizer will manage paid digital advertising on Facebook, Google, and other platforms. They will work closely with graphic designers, videographers, and outside firms to manage, test and optimize the performance of persuasion, mobilization, and fundraising ads.
- Manage PASU’s email program. The Senior Digital Organizer will manage the statewide email program, including our efforts to grow our reach, recruit volunteers, design cutting-edge advocacy campaigns, and cultivate small-dollar donors and new members. They should be an avid consumer of political news-media and excel at designing rapid response campaigns to win new followers, drive engagement, and raise funds.
- Manage PASU’s organic social media engagement. The Senior Digital Organizer will also manage our organic engagement on social media (primarily Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), working to advance our narrative strategy, build our organizational presence, engage our members, and advance our organizing and advocacy efforts. They should be willing to experiment with creative approaches to social media including engaging pop culture and creating simple graphics, memes, gifs, or videos (either directly or in collaboration with graphic designers).
- Implement digital organizing, data management, and small-dollar fundraising best practices and support data-driven and qualitative approaches to program evaluation and improvement. The Senior Digital Organizer should implement best practices for digital advertising and organizing such as a/b testing, list segmentation and hygiene, and full-cycle engagement strategies. They are hungry to learn and experiment with new strategies and tactics and they excel at using both qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate success and improve performance.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- 2-5 years of experience doing digital advertising, organizing and fundraising work related to organizing, advocacy, or politics
- Experience designing and managing digital advertising and fundraising campaigns on Facebook, Google, Twitter and other platforms
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, justice and liberation for all peoples
- A demonstrated cultural competency working with multiracial, cross class, urban and rural audiences
- A team player who shines as an individual leader while taking a collaborative approach to working with others to achieve shared objectives
- A sharp strategic thinking who follows the news media, identifies points of intervention, excels at implementing diverse and creative tactics, and enjoys learning
- A principled political leader, who seeks to develop points of alignment, while also being comfortable navigating tension and disagreement
- A strong writer with the ability to identify and connect with diverse audiences, make rigorous and persuasive arguments, translate complex ideas into understandable language, tell emotionally compelling stories, and move people to action
- A proven track record of digital organizing and campaign management, including design and execution of multi-stage digital campaigns, CRM and email management, social media management, basic web and design skills, and creative use of multimedia
$4,000-5,500 / mo. depending upon experience. PA Stands Up offers a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees, including temporary employees, as well as paid time off.
The work will be evaluated based upon this job description, the specific goals and objectives established, and the person’s contributions in meeting the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and short cover letter along with 2-3 work samples (digital advertising and email samples preferred). Send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Digital Organizer.”
We are looking to hire for this position immediately and will consider applications (or proposals from contractors/firms) on a rolling basis.
Source: Pennsylvania Stands Up Jobs