WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
We’re growing! ActBlue is hiring experienced product managers for multiple product teams, from donor growth to API platform to 0-1 products. As a senior product manager, you will work closely with engineering, design, research, data, and other teams across ActBlue to gather information about user needs, define and prioritize product requirements, ensure the smooth execution of your product roadmap, and iterate on improvements through data-driven measurement and validation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Partner with our UX Research and Data teams to develop and maintain deep empathy and understanding of the behaviors, needs, and motivations of our donors and partner entities through user interviews, qualitative and quantitative research, and product usage metrics, and apply these learnings to develop data-informed, insights-based software product roadmaps.
- Write clear and concise product requirements focused on framing the user need, context, constraints, opportunities, and goals – and effectively communicate them to senior leaders, designers, and developers.
- Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks and technical dependencies within your roadmap, and work with cross-functional teams to manage trade-offs, balance organization and customer needs with technical and resource constraints, and ensure the right product ships at the right time.
- Build and foster a strong product culture around testing and learning in order to iterate quickly, mitigate risk, and get to the right product.
- Apply user insights and your subject matter areas of expertise to inform product strategy for your product area and to align your product initiatives and roadmaps with overall product and organizational strategy.
- Define meaningful product KPIs and evaluate the effectiveness of your initiatives through product instrumentation, data analysis, and user research. Drive strategic roadmap investments to improve those KPIs over time.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- You have worked with geographically distributed, cross-functional product teams in the process of creating – and shipping – complex products, and you’re excited about solving complicated product challenges at scale.
- Your approach to product starts with a keen understanding of user behavior and motivations, grounded in both qualitative and quantitative user insights. You have experience designing effective product experiments that help the team learn, and you know how to use that data to inform the evolution of your product, platform, and/or feature areas.
- You’re a compelling presenter with strong listening, persuasion, and facilitation skills, whether you’re talking to our payment partners, hashing through the details of technical tradeoffs, or communicating to leadership. You know when to adjust your focus, vocabulary, and level of detail according to the audience and the goal of the conversation.
- You are dedicated to removing ambiguity and adding clarity in every interaction, and you understand that saying “no” is far more powerful than saying “yes”. You constantly tie what the team is doing to the strategic context and the problems we’re trying to solve to keep the team’s focus and the details of their work aligned with the broader mission.
- You’re outcome-oriented, build respect and strong relationships, and see conflict as something to be explored and resolved rather than avoided. You’re comfortable delivering and accepting bad news, pushing outside your comfort zone, and having hard conversations to get to a better outcome.
- You thrive in an environment with engaged – and sometimes very opinionated – teammates. You’re dedicated to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, and don’t just welcome, but center and amplify, backgrounds and points of view that differ from yours.
- You have a solid understanding of the tools of the trade and technologies used, but you aren’t afraid to dive in to expand your understanding, whether it’s technical architecture, obscure campaign finance regulations, or political jargon – and you’re comfortable asking questions to fill in gaps in your knowledge.
- You care about progressive causes and politics and want to spend your time making a meaningful impact by doing what you do best.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $141,000 – $191,000, depending on experience.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.