WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
We’re growing! ActBlue is hiring an experienced Payments Product Manager to help inform and execute our payments strategic priorities. As a Senior Payments Product Manager, you will work closely with Engineering, Design, Research, Data, Finance, and other teams across ActBlue to gather information about user needs and market trends and to help track platform benchmarks. You will also define and prioritize product requirements, ensure the crisp execution of your product roadmap, and iterate on improvements through data-driven measurement and validation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Use your recent payments experience to inform your collaboration with our UX Research and Data teams and drive operational excellence.
- Develop and maintain deep empathy and understanding of the behaviors, needs, and motivations of our donors and partner entities through user interviews, qualitative and quantitative research, and product usage metrics.
- Be our go-to lead for the day-to-day operations of our payments platform.a
- Help cross-functional teams develop new features and build better experiences for our entities and donors.
- Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks and technical dependencies within your roadmap. Work with cross-functional teams to manage trade-offs; balance organizational and customer needs with technical and resource constraints; and ensure the right product ships at the right time.
- Build and foster a strong product culture around testing and learning in order to iterate quickly, mitigate risk, and get to the right product.
- Apply user insights and your areas of subject matter expertise to inform strategy for your product area and to align your product initiatives and roadmaps with overall product and organizational strategy.
- Define meaningful product KPIs and evaluate the effectiveness of your initiatives through product instrumentation, data analysis, and user research. Drive strategic roadmap investments to improve those KPIs over time.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Recent exposure to working with payments processors like Stripe, Square/Block, Braintree, Authorize.net, FirstData, Vantiv, FIS, Elavon, or similar.
- A general understanding of a wide range of payment networks, rails, technologies, and standards, such as ACH, P2P, Mobile Wallets, Tokenization, and PCI-DSS.
- Comfort digging deep into the details whenever necessary to tackle inefficiencies, inform better business decisions, and build compelling business cases for new features.
- Dedication to removing ambiguity and adding clarity in every interaction, and the understanding that saying “no” is far more powerful than saying “yes”. You constantly tie what the team is doing to the strategic context and the problems we’re trying to solve to keep the team’s focus and work aligned with the broader mission.
- Curiosity, outcome-orientedness, a drive to build respect and strong relationships wherever you go, and an appreciation of conflict as something to be explored and resolved rather than avoided. You’re comfortable delivering and accepting bad news, pushing outside your comfort zone, and having hard conversations to get to a better outcome.
- The ability to thrive in environments with engaged – and sometimes very opinionated – teammates. You’re dedicated to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, and don’t just welcome, but center and amplify, backgrounds and points of view that differ from yours.
- Passion for progressive causes and politics and the desire to spend your time making a meaningful impact by doing what you do best.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $162,027 (min) – $170,383 (mid) – $195,915 (max)
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Communications Workers of America, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue Technical Services employees.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all and celebrate each person’s unique qualities. We recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description, we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including for our online job application system. If you would like to request an accommodation when applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.