WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager you will work closely with product teams, business teams, and partner organizations to collaboratively drive programs that enable ActBlue’s infrastructure and platform. You will lead vision, strategy, and roadmaps to ensure we’re building secure, scalable infrastructure and solutions to support our growing user base. You will be responsible for identifying gaps and priorities, driving impact where there are complex cross-functional dependencies, and recognizing opportunities for business and technology solutions.
You will join a diverse team of product managers, engineers, designers, and researchers that work collaboratively to tackle challenging issues at scale. Your manager will be your champion and coach and will help ensure you are able to grow as an individual while you contribute to the excellence and advancement of our platform.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Develop and drive the product vision, strategy, roadmaps, and prioritization for the team that supports and empowers multiple teams
- Maintain accountability for end-to-end, cross-functional problems in technical domains across our infrastructure
- Deep experience working with payments and payment systems that enable and empower financial services
- Build leadership and organization skills, as well as support teams in their creation of tools and services for a variety of business and user needs
- Work collaboratively with engineers and engineering leadership to drive strategy and vision around the technical aspects of our products
- Build strong, trusting partnerships with stakeholders across our diverse organization
- Manage the execution, QA, and launch of roadmap features and projects
- Foster and lead with a data and research mindset
- Nurture a psychologically safe and inclusive team environment where everybody feels excited to contribute
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Demonstrable experience in product management, working with cross-functional teams and the growth of complex web applications, and building new products from 0 to 1
- Strong strategic mindset and the ability to drive long-term strategy while effectively managing and prioritizing the execution details of ongoing projects on your team
- Experience working with product organizations of different sizes where product, design, and engineering work in close collaboration
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric and remote-reliant approach to discussion and collaboration, with the ability to navigate tough conversations and strive for desirable outcomes for all participants
- Attention to detail for the design and usability of our customer experiences and empathy for our users’ needs
- Experience making product decisions through data-driven measurements and user research; competency in using SQL and data-visualization tools is a plus
- A strong desire for fostering inclusivity and belonging among your coworkers
- Deep knowledge of payment ecosystems and the payment processing space
- Interest in progressive politics
Nice to have, but not required:
- E-commerce experience
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES:
We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
We know that code isn’t just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
We believe that being correct isn’t enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.