WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
We are seeking a Platform Security Engineer who has a strong grasp of modern TTPs of threat actors that might target ActBlue Technical Services (ATS), our donors, or the campaigns and organizations that fundraise on our platform. The ideal candidate will have an appetite for implementing and iterating on automations and processes to protect our software and infrastructure from these threats. They will have a desire to contribute to a security program anchored in empathy for our stakeholders, which is a primary value for our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform security reviews to support our software and infrastructure engineers early in their engineering process.
- Perform offensively-focused ad hoc security reviews and vulnerability assessments.
- Respond to incidents and detect threats across our tech stack.
- Implement, iterate and operate security automation aimed at supporting our engineers during their building processes, reducing the time it takes to remediate discovered vulnerabilities, and improving our team’s ability to address potential incidents.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Dev stack: Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Node.js, Redis
- Infra stack: Heroku, Amazon Web Services, K8s
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience with OWASP principles.
- Understanding of modern TTPs used to target B2C online business.
- Experience deploying tools that make it easier for engineers to build safely.
- Experience and passion for hunting for vulnerabilities and driving remediations.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $189,000- $239,000
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity. This salary is in addition to a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included)
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.