WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
We are seeking a Platform Security Engineer who has a strong grasp of modern TTPs of threat actors that might target ActBlue Technical Services (ATS), our donors, or the campaigns and organizations that fundraise on our platform. The ideal candidate will have an appetite for implementing and iterating on automations and processes to protect our software and infrastructure from these threats. They will have a desire to contribute to a security program anchored in empathy for our stakeholders, which is a primary value for our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform security reviews to support our software and infrastructure engineers early in their engineering process.
- Perform offensively-focused ad hoc security reviews and vulnerability assessments.
- Respond to incidents and detect threats across our tech stack.
- Implement, iterate and operate security automation aimed at supporting our engineers during their building processes, reducing the time it takes to remediate discovered vulnerabilities, and improving our team’s ability to address potential incidents.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Dev stack: Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Node.js, Redis
- Infra stack: Heroku, Amazon Web Services, K8s
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience with OWASP principles.
- Understanding of modern TTPs used to target B2C online business.
- Experience deploying tools that make it easier for engineers to build safely.
- Experience and passion for hunting for vulnerabilities and driving remediations.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ATS is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Connecticut, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C. and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $189,000 (min) – $214,000 (mid) – $239,000 (max)
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity. This salary is in addition to a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully-paid health reimbursement arrangement to use for out of pocket expenses and fully-paid short- and long-term disability
- Fully paid basic and AD&D life insurance and a voluntary supplemental life insurance option
- Dependent and health care flexible spending account options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included)
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all. We celebrate their unique qualities. And we recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com to get started.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.