WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Staff Security Program Manager supports security programs currently deployed in service of our employees, entities, or donors. In addition, they provide and develop systems that support the ideation, planning, implementation and deployment of new security projects.
Our Staff Security Program Manager will rely on their knowledge of information security and stakeholder engagement, to ensure existing security programs are effectively supporting our employees, entities, and donors. The Staff Security Program Manager will ensure all relevant stakeholder engagement and risk reduction metrics are trackable, monitored, and utilized to prioritize improvements to the program.
In addition, our Staff Security Program Manager will rely on their combination of program management and information security knowledge to ensure that processes are in place to lead our security engineers and engineering managers during all stages of program development for new information security technologies and processes for our organization. This will primarily involve project management and agile methodologies being implemented in ways that uniquely support our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide support and engage with cross-functional teams to create and define secure internal processes.
- Manage internal and external security-related communications.
- Work with the executive leadership to measure and report on the effectiveness of our security programs.
- Manage the portfolio of productionized services that our team oversees.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for security-related issues.
- Assist the CISO with executive reporting using various formats such as slides, documents, charts, graphs, or report exports from technical platforms.
- Spearhead Agile project management practices for the Security team.
- Strong analytical skills with equal ability to organize and present findings to all levels of leadership.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to convey security requirements and consume requirements for the security team.
- Support sourcing, contracts and vendor relations, and the potential impact and integration to our infrastructure platform.
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques.
- Manage relationships with the team and relevant stakeholders.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the field
- Familiarity with software development
- Familiarity with information security programs deployed in cloud first organizations
- Understanding of scrum and agile methodologies
- Confidence to rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $156,000- $180,000
ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity. This salary is in addition to a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included)
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.