Position Title: Deputy Campaign Manager Location: Remote
Application Deadline: Accepted until filled Anticipated Start Date: Flexible
Position Type: Full-Time ─ Exempt About the State Revenue Alliance:
The State Revenue Alliance builds power in the states to fully fund our futures by enabling state-based campaigns to secure resources, build state capacity, and align key strategies to advance revenue and tax justice campaigns. The Alliance is a new national organization created by state-based organizations, representing policy centers, grassroot movement organizations, and labor unions who are working together at the state level.
To learn more visit our website: StateRevenueAlliance.org
Aligning policy and membership groups across both legislative advocacy and electoral work will build our capacity for both short term gains and the long term transformation states need. The work we can and must do in the states is the prerequisite for transforming our nation as a whole.The deputy campaign manager is a crucial part of this work. The deputy campaign manager will be responsible for working with, providing strategic and technical support for, and growing, the alliance of state partners within the SRA. The deputy manager will work closely with our state partners on short and long term campaigns and plans.
Qualified candidates should have at least four to six years of electoral campaign experience, transparent and direct communication and strong progressive values, and a deep commitment to centering the experience and leadership of a diverse set of stakeholders. We encourage movement leaders and candidates with tax and social justice experience to apply.
● Provide strategic support and technical support to our state partners. How this looks will vary from state to state depending on the nature of the campaigns and in state infrastructure, this will include both short and long term campaign planning and implementation
● Maintain and expand substantial relationships with SRA members and other key stakeholders through regular meetings and consistent follow-up
● In collaboration with other members of the SRA team work to detect challenges and opportunities within coalitions and campaigns
● Work with the SRA team to develop and implement coordinated programs, trainings and campaign plans for SRA members
● Track the implementation and progress of campaign grants to SRA members You
● You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including maintaining relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
● You will thrive in a fast-paced environment that priorities experimentation and learning as part of the job
● You have the ability to continually assess and deepen the commitment of key stakeholders and be able to share feedback with your team and your partners in an open, thoughtful and direct manner
● You will have knowledge of and experience working within the political landscape and dynamics within diverse coalition spaces and enjoy the challenges and possibilities of working in a coalition ● You have ability and skills to develop engagement plans, conduct one on ones,, work with leaders, and facilitate meetings to move coalition and/or individual members to agreement and action ● You maintain good judgment, flexible, and creative thinking in difficult situations and evolving circumstances
● Demonstrate self-awareness, empathy, and social skills in work and interpersonal interactions and relationship building
● You are comfortable working within a supportive, healthy, and participatory organizational culture that prioritizes shared decision making, individual and mutual accountability, and active learning
● Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
● Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude ● Ability to develop and follow a work plan independently
● Compensation for this role is $80,000-$100,000 depending on experience
● Employer pays 90 percent of medical, dental, and vision premiums
● Generous time off policy including paid vacation and holiday days, paid family leave ● Cell phone reimbursement
● Professional development opportunities
● Work from home office set up provided if needed
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume as soon as possible to Hannah Lloyd at
Jobs@staterevenuealliance.org. Cover letter should describe your commitment to the SRA’s mission and your ability to be successful in this role. Applicants may be asked to provide a writing sample and/or perform an exercise later in the selection process.Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SRA Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
We are an EEO/affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. We work to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforce zero tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Those who identify as persons of color, women, LGBTQ, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons, and/or have had experience working with one or more of those groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
State Revenue Alliance Diversity and Inclusion Statement
SRA believes that a diverse, engaged, and motivated staff are essential to achieving our goals of economic, racial, and social justice. SRA believes that each employee’s voice is valuable and that when all employees contribute ideas to the organization’s operation, it enhances the success of the organization overall.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com