TARGETSMART STRATEGIC CONSULTING INTERNSHIP
SALARY RANGE: $15/HOUR
Interested in politics, political districts, elections, and the voting process? Love working with data and with people too? Excited to help progressives win elections and advance their causes? Great, then TargetSmart is the place for you!
As an intern in TargetSmart’s Strategic Consulting Team, you can expect to do a little bit of everything. Your day could include conducting electoral, voting, and political research, provide support for our team and the progressive organizations and Democratic campaigns, consultants, and polling firms’ that use TargetSmart’s data, products, and technology tools. Our internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Explore career opportunities in Progressive political tech
- Network with professionals in the political tech industry
- Develop technical skills in areas that interest you
- Be connected with a mentor that will be provided to you through your internship
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the team to deliver quality data products and analysis in a timely manner.
- Support the team directly on projects and other tasks.
- Manage time and workload to meet internal or client driven deadlines or timelines.
- Research, acquire, review and document external data sources.
- Triage and troubleshoot questions and requests from Strategic Consulting Team and other TS departments.
The internship profile reflects the assignment of essential job functions, though additional functions may exist. This profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all work activities, duties, or responsibilities. TargetSmart reserves the right to assign or reassign work activities, duties and responsibilities as needed for reasonable accommodations and business purposes.
The Strategic Consulting Intern reports directly to the Strategic Consulting Team.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving experience
- Technical aptitude
- Enthusiasm to learn new systems and using new technology
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), Google Sheets/Docs, and Slack
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and see them through to completion
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience using industry voter contact tools and technology such as data querying software (ListBuilder, NGPVAN, etc.)
- Experience wrangling, analyzing and visualizing data.
- Familiarity with any of the tools we currently use, including:
- Observable HQ
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, voter databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
For more information or to apply for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.