THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s organization that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 17 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
This temporary part time field coordinator will work within our Field Team to have ongoing, personal, high-quality conversations with Minnesotans across the state. They will lead in the execution of tens of thousands of contacts with members, voters, and potential voters and members to deepen relationships, wrestle with issues, and act out of shared values. They will work in relationship with volunteers, members, and fellows to hold a culture of rigor, investment, and accountability of courageous, powerful voter contact. This position will help inform how we talk to Minnesotans, when and about what. Supervised by the Field Director, this role will be an expert in the organization of having meaningful engagement with members and voters throughout the campaign/election cycle. Key elements of this role require in-person engagement with the public and the employee will be supported with safety protocols.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Execute high-quality conversations with community members such as deep canvassing, voter registration, public forums, grassroots lobbying and conventional canvassing to reach thousands of Minnesotans across the state and engage them in personal, strategic conversations.
- Act with clarity that each voter is a valued member of our democracy, persistently bringing curiosity, respect, empathy, and thoughtfulness to conversations.
- Use best practices for data collection and management to track and evaluate our efforts and guide strategic decisions.
- Participate in a culture of coaching and evaluation to improve our skills, resonance with voters, and build leadership of Fellows and volunteers.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to show up in groups enthusiastically, engage with clarity and brave, direct communication.
- A natural sense of curiosity about people and the ability to relate to them. Experience initiating conversations with community members about their stories, hopes, fears, and challenges, and a willingness to be bold in conversations with strangers and volunteers.
- Ability to pay attention to the details, be vigilant about tracking goal progress, meet deadlines, and double-checking written work for accuracy. Computer literacy and experience with MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to speak up, suggest new ideas, receive feedback, adjust plans to ensure successful completion of goals, and be part of the solution.
- A relational leader and good team player, able to work with a broad team of staff and grassroots leaders, work well with others in a coalition setting, and motivate diverse groups of people. Ability to practice showing up for co-workers with consistent follow-through and good communication.
- A demonstrated commitment to economic, racial, and gender justice and commitment to progressive political change.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Salary is $30.65/hour, with a schedule of 15-20 hours/week.
- This is temporary, part-time hourly position from date of hire until June 30, 2023
- $50 per month cell phone reimbursement
- 0.0385 hours of sick leave for each hour worked
- This position is NOT a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
- This position reports directly to the Field Manager
- Located in St. Paul but will require occasional travel
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com