TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 17 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
The purpose of this temporary, part-time position is to engage our members and keep them involved with our campaigns. Fundraising Specialists reach out to people throughout the state, organizing around the issues we’re working on, and fundraising. Fundraising Specialists motivates and empowers community members to become involved in political change in their community.
Primary responsibilities of this job include calling supporters to update them on current campaigns, fundraising initiatives, and upcoming events. Fundraising Specialists maintain detailed and accurate information in TakeAction’s CRM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Phone canvassing and fundraising: Fundraising Specialists are responsible for effectively and efficiently collecting contributions and donations for TakeAction Minnesota through phone solicitation. Fundraising Specialists help to raise awareness, connect with supporters, and open up an opportunity for TakeAction to hear feedback from our statewide supporter base!
- People-Orientated: Fundraising Specialists are at the frontlines of our supporter engagement work. As such, Fundraising Specialists show up with a natural sense of curiosity about people and a willingness to be bold in conversations. Fundraising Specialists must be knowledgeable about our work on issues like climate, economic justice, and elections.
- Self-directed and able to work remotely: Fundraising Specialists may work fully remote or under a hybrid model. Ideal candidates are self-motivated and communicate in a timely and responsive manner.
- Data management: Fundraising Specialists are responsible for accurately recording the results of every interaction with our supporters and report daily numbers to the development team. Fundraising Specialists maintain up-to-date information on supporters in our CRM and undertake occasional data maintenance projects.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned on an as-needed basis.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial, gender, and economic justice.
- Confidence in asking for donations up to $500 over the phone
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative.
- Effective oral and written communicator, values and fosters open communication, uses and understands the importance of active listening skills. Comfortable talking on the phone.
- Values self-improvement, able to give and receive feedback.
- Strong personal time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience using CRM databases (TakeAction uses EveryAction), Microsoft Excel and Slack
- Fundraising Specialists must be able to work with other members of the development team, receive feedback, and adapt to rapidly changing political and programmatic landscapes.
- Previous fundraising, organizing, or canvassing experience is preferred.
- Successful candidates will have a deep passion for advancing social, racial, and economic justice for all Minnesotans.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change.
- The hourly wage for this position is $30.65/hr
- $50 reimbursement/month for cell phone use.
- 0.0385 hours of sick leave for each hour worked
- This is a part-time, temporary hourly position at 10-15 hours a week through June 30th.
- This position is NOT a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports to the Development Director and can be either remote or from our St. Paul, Duluth or St. Cloud office.
HOW TO APPLY
Click “Apply for this Position” in the job posting in our website www.takeactionminnesota.org. Upload a cover letter, resume and three references. This position will be open until filled. Application review begins March 27.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com