The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a full-time DFW Regional Field Manager based in Dallas. The Texas Freedom Network is a statewide grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement of Texans working toward equality and social justice.
The DFW Regional Field Manager will oversee TFN’s programming for voter registration. The primary responsibilities of the DFW Regional Field Manager will be to manage a team of part-time staff, coordinate Texas voter registration programming, and implement systems for the voter registration team in the DFW area. The DFW Regional Field Manager should be passionate about coaching staff, progressive organizing, and implementing systems. The Regional Field Manager will report to the Deputy Field Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 60% – Manage a team of part time field organizers to register voters. Inclusive of management meetings, in field supervision (travel to supervised regions), and heavy usage of Quickbooks Time in order to schedule part timers
- 20% – Recruit and train a team of part time field organizers
- 20% – Administrative work to ensure program efficacy and integrity
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience organizing, and specifically in electoral organizing
- Preferred: Some management of volunteers or staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization, including experience working with communities of color and a desire to be part of an anti-racist organization.
- Weekend and irregular work hours required
- Ability to travel statewide and within region
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team oriented work environment
100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, personal, sick, and parental leave.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.
About Texas Freedom Network
Founded in 1995, the Texas Freedom Network is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of more than 150,000 religious and community leaders who support religious freedom, individual liberties and public education. Based in Austin, TFN acts as the state’s watchdog for monitoring far-right issues, organizations, money and leaders. The organization has been instrumental in defeating initiatives backed by the religious right in Texas, including private school vouchers and textbook censorship at the State Board of Education.